Long time player, new to RP!

Artemis

Hello, my name is Artemis! I've been a long time player of FFXIV, well, not as long as some of you but long enough! I've been around since the open beta for 2.0 and I've always just played the game "normally". I'm a casual player but I'd really like to try roleplay so I've made a character on Balmung! 

I've had some experience in roleplay before, from the days of IRC rp'ing as OCs I made for my favourite anime, but I've never ever roleplayed in an MMO. 

My character is Artemis Elspeth. I have written a small backstory for her but it's not really lore-based. I'm not really sure if that is seen as a roleplay faux pas, but I had fun writing it! It mostly comes from my already established character on a different server, which I am planning to play out with my new character on Balmung. 

Artemis Elspeth (born as Kikisa Kisa) is a Dunesfolk Lalafell with a curious name. It was one she chose herself after hearing stories from a far away land about a beautiful goddess who devoted herself to nature. Fittingly, she chose to seek path to Gridania, to learn the ways of white magic and surround herself with the nature she has always loved. Artemis loved learning the power to heal, and began to research more into the magic to discover new ways to help her fellow adventurers. She came upon a library and began to read tales from other lands of Eorzea, where healing came from reading the stars and contellations, or manifested though earth and air with the help of a fairy companion. Artemis became intrigued by this and soon enough, decided she wanted to see more of the world she had found herself in. She wanted to travel across these lands, learning all there is to know about it and the healing magicks it held. Armed with a book in her hands, she made her way across the seas to Limsa Lominsa. Almost immediately upon landing there, she was guided towards the Arcanist's Guild, where Murie took her under her wing. 

Personality: Book smart, but not people smart
Lover of nature
Well-travelled
Calls everyone by a pet name
Never gets angry, only gets sassy

As for real life, during the week I am a busy homemaker, gym-goer and foodie. On the weekends, I don't have time for much as I work all day in retail. My time to play is often short, making establishing a big story a little difficult, so I'm mostly interested in light roleplay with a few good friends. I hope I can be welcomed into your little community!

I think as long as you're open to receiving suggestions (even if you don't act on them), you'll do well!  Some people are more open to lore bending than others, but there is a huge variety of roleplayers on Balmung, and so long as you put yourself out there you'll find your people.  Also, don't underestimate the power of building big stories off of small chunks of rp!  Me and my main rp partner usually only find time to rp once every week or every other week, but I'd say our stories tend to be big -- just on the slow side. ;)

Good luck, have fun, and welcome!