New arrival to Eozea, from Vana'diel.

Hi! Not really sure where to start. I'm a longtime FFXI player/roleplayer. I played from NA release until Abyssea release. It's a game that still has a lot of sentimental value in my heart, mostly because of the game's world. I have so many pictures of sunsets and other vistas. I used to have a group of friends I'd roleplay and adventure with, traveling to all corners of Vana'diel. Alas, that time has long passed. I also have played a lot of WoW over the years, and I've played SWTOR since beta to... now.

How did I learn about the coalition? I typed "Final Fantasy XIV" and "RP" into Yahoo. Hehe. The main reason I'm coming to this game is (hopefully) for potential roleplay, so I wanted to be sure there are still some people around.

What kind of roleplayer am I aiming to be? I'm not sure. I don't have a preference when it comes to light/medium/heavy. I've been with and enjoyed both casual and hardcore roleplaying groups. What really matters to me is finding a group of people I can RP with, be it 100% of the time or just occasionally. I'm up for trying anything.

I'm not really sure how RP works in this game, from what I gather you've all organized on the Balmung server. If anyone has any tips or suggestions on how/where to find RP, feel free to share. I'd preferably like to find an active RP group/guild/linkshell that wouldn't mind someone new joining. Anyway, nice to meet you all - in advance. ^^

Welcome to the coalition! :cheer:

FFXI holds a special place in my heart as well. Eorzea, while newer, seems to have just as many nooks and other great out-of-the way places to explore, and 2.0 promises even more of this.

See you in Eorzea! ;)

Welcome. Like they said, join Intermission (the social OOC linkpearl for RPers).

Finding random RP is not impossible, but it's a bit more rare than we'd like! So joining a RP LS of your choosing will get you into RP.

Wow, great to here that you will be joining us, I can tell by the way. You talk, that FFXI holds as many warm feeling with you, as it does with me. I think I will always miss those days of lazy hangouts and random adventuring that the vibrant world of the former game held and shaped so perfectly, but there are many more opportunities to be had here just the same!

They have given you all the info you will need above, so I will just say, happy adventuring, please get involved where you can, and keep checking back, as people are still around, and still RPing hard!

Welcome,

Momo

I planned to ask about a pearl from someone there, but didn't want to intrude or interrupt, and had to rush off to take care of something IRL so left before it ended. It was an entertaining and well played event though! I'm glad FFXIV has such a great RP community! ^^

And... why ever would anyone be upset? Clumsy ol' me was just in such a hurry to leave. The urge to go out and buy boots and hats overtook me during the show!

What did I miss? *^^*

Just some upset over possible cheating by the Magarah sisters (who lost in the end~), threats upon us when they did lose, one of them getting punched.. The usual Mavanix family drama hehe. xD