Xenedra's Art Crap and Commissions

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Silly doodling tonight. Xenedra and Endemerrin Iron Man shenanigans. Those that know Endemerrin will get the joke, those that don't... Get to know him! .. Or wiki? : P Didn't quite finish, got lazy... example of process...? Iono : P

[spoil]haZn341.jpg[/spoil]

I'm going to freak out and praise you for a second, but then I have a specific compliment...

This is seriously all amazing. I am a terrible artist but I practice a lot at work (I have a boring desk job and a lazy boss.) and every time I look at the art done by anyone on the forum I die a little inside. Especially yours. No offense to any other artists, but this is just more my style I think. Love the line work.

Okay, specifically though, I love the Lalafell one with the armor and the lance. As I'm planning to start a Lalafell as my first character, I've been attempting to draw one a lot recently and my pictures always end up looking like otherwise-proportional men with HUGE heads or just Lego people. I love that you can make them look at least semi-serious without changing their proportions to do so. Hard to pull off, considering they're the "cute baby race" of FFXIV. As someone who plans to RP Lalafell without being a stereotypical naive cutie-pie, I can really appreciate that in your work. Once the NDA is lifted and I come up with a solid appearance for my Lala that I can screenshot and post everywhere, you will have my money.

You will have ALL my money.

Keep up the outstanding work!

O_O  zomggg

how....how do you get such perfect lines o great one? :surprise:

mine look sooo shaky I hate it! :frustrated:

what kind of software do u use?  I have a Wacom bamboo tablet to draw with but idk if it's very good. but it was a present so I cant really complain  >.>

I draw in plain ol' photoshop. My tablet is an intuos5, but a bamboo should be just fine. The big difference is going to be the sensitivity, which *will* effect smoothness of lines and line weight and such, but I do a lot of line shaping over my initial lines anyway. That is so say, a make a line and either thicken it up or thin it out. I also do a lot of redrawing the same line in one stroke until it comes out the shape I want it. Looks cleaner, smoother, etc. etc. Your lines don't look shaky to me, over all, but sometimes just by virtue of the tool v. hand dynamic you might get a quiver in a line, true. I find that just drawing that particular problem line in a single, quick(ish?) stroke can give you a preferable result. Turning the canvas so the line you're drawing fits with the natural curve motion your hand makes can help, too. Other stuff you can do involves changing your brush settings, easy stuff. Play around with it a bit and find something you like! I personally like a 0% hardness round brush with the opacity knocked down to 90% and my flow to 80%. Keeps the lines dark, but gives the ends of lines a fade I like. I manually add that "fade" if I don't get it naturally by just erasing the ends of lines in a point.

I'm not sure if any of that makes any sense, lul : P