Axe for Hire

Hey, I saw a lot of people throwing links to this site in game so I figured I'd actually make an account and be a part. You know try and be more apart of the community, etc. Friend help me sang a pearl for Intermission, though I haven't really RPed much in game as I've been so out of the role playing experience.

Now lets see what about me? I'm pretty much a bum, got way too much free time on my hand; yet, just means more time to play XIV. Heh. I've pretty much jumped ship from SWTOR to XIV after my friend suggested/talked me into trying the game. I was uninterested in XIV and wanted to void it after hearing a lot of bad stuff from launch, but after actually seeing and trying out the game I was hooked. It brought back fond memories of XI and how I can truly adventure and go anywhere, etc. I mean most of the content and stuff to do easily sold me. But I'll jump back and give some background information on me.

I've played a few MMOs, namely Xi and SWTOR. Played a little bit of WoW but was never really a fan nor went very far in game with it, played few of the Superhero MMOs (City of Heroes/Villains and DC Universe), they were fun but missed the things I enjoyed from XI. I started XI during its NA release and quit just before Abyssea content came out. I was on the Asura server and only had one character and pretty much played only one class; Samurai. To be fair, with the name Darksamurai was not much else I could do.

My friend (same one who convinced me to jump to XIV) suggested I try RPing and I was hooked from the start. I got around my terrible name by saying it was a title/nickname he picked up. With DS I had three characters I developed, each spawned during different time periods I played the game. Before was pretty much RuroKen knock off whom I would come to despise RPing as, to a drunk has been adventurer, and finally a very antagonistic merc.  Early on I was mostly OOC but eventually it switched predominantly always IC as I was always seeking to help others on quests or whatever, because I sort of found my niche as a henchman/sidekick, which I think is fun.

In SWTOR I jumped on an RP-PvP server but was not a whole lot of RPing going around but I was always IC and with all my alts I had a varied of personalities to roll with. Though I played Old Republic from beta till this last April and was just burned out and tired of the type of game it was. And hearing about XIV and longing for a game like XI (and not the game that XI has become), I decided to jump in board to XIV.

Like I said above, I heard about coalition through Intermission, and I decided you know what I better actually join the community and what not. Hearing a lot of good stuff about the RPing and everything, I mean I had to.

I already have a strong idea of a character I want, if you guys want to read everything about that character (which I completely dissected and broke down) here is the link: [/url]Rook Devileye. I don't want to go as a bleeding heart and I didn't want to go as a twirling mustache type villain, so I went somewhere in between. Like I wanted to go with more of an ideal merc, someone who is only out for himself and his own interest but with some twists to make him more interesting. In short, he's a bastard who'll do evil or good depending on the pay but deep down he wants to become an honest man but his vices get the best of him.

As for the type of role player that I'm aiming to be, not sure really. Probably Medium-Heavy, but I no problem with Light either, I just want to RP. Been in a long drought for role playing, though since been a long time been awkward trying to find the right groove and get back into it as naturally.

So yeah, that is pretty much everything. Rook Devileye is the name, if you need a merc I am your man.

• 1 year later...

With 2.0 around the corner decided to retcon his name a bit of his backstory. 

New name: Rook Devileye

He is pretty much the same character but leans more towards the good side and hates pirates with a passion and anyone who generally mess things up for others. Now is a Corsair/Privater (pirate who hunts pirates) who works for Maelstrom directly but also freelances as a mercenary and what have you.

[align=center]:bomb:[/align]

Hah! welcome to the partay!

As a Pirate, I see we will not see eye to eye.... Of course, I am a privateer, that is, a vessel or persons whom authorized with a letter of marque to attack foreign vessels. I'm legal officer, I swear!