Hey there and welcome to FFXIV RP!

Just one minor thing I would keep in mind. Ishgardians were sort of known for executing au ra in numbers, so I'm not sure how... logical it would be for an au ra having grown up in Tailfeather! However, it is your character, so do as you want. But seeming you are new, and that little bit of lore is a bit hidden away, I figured you may want to know before you have Ishgardians shouting heresy at your backstory :P

Good luck with finding people to roleplay with! Sadly enough I'm completely stuffed with roleplay for the coming days, else I would had offered up myself :)

Just one minor thing I would keep in mind. Ishgardians were sort of known for executing au ra in numbers, so I'm not sure how... logical it would be for an au ra having grown up in Tailfeather! However, it is your character, so do as you want. But seeming you are new, and that little bit of lore is a bit hidden away, I figured you may want to know before you have Ishgardians shouting heresy at your backstory :P

Good luck with finding people to roleplay with! Sadly enough I'm completely stuffed with roleplay for the coming days, else I would had offered up myself :)

Oh my god, are you serious?? Where was this? I tried to like read as much lore regarding Au Ra or anything relating to them in game, but found little to nothing, unless my memory is being hella screwy. ><

Oh my god, are you serious?? Where was this? I tried to like read as much lore regarding Au Ra or anything relating to them in game, but found little to nothing, unless my memory is being hella screwy. ><

Dark Knight story line!

You find out that the au ra main NPC's parents have been executed in Ishgard, just for having a dragon looking appearance. Apparently they executed a whole bunch of au ra when they fled from the Garleans! So being Ishgardian as an au ra is somewhat... well... uuuh... impossible probably.

That said you can still easily adjust your background story! Just some Raen gal from Othard being a hunter is really not that much of a stretch :D They may not be as tribal as the Xaela, but I imagine they still had a need for hunters :)

Dark Knight story line!

You find out that the au ra main NPC's parents have been executed in Ishgard, just for having a dragon looking appearance. Apparently they executed a whole bunch of au ra when they fled from the Garleans!

sonofa- I haven't done the Dark Knight story! (I don't really care for the spoiler, I already know most of the story, but I didn't know that little detail.) I'm kinda shocked, Really wish that was stated in other places. I'm not a fan of tanking so I would've never known that.

Thank you for the little piece of lore though! I got a few things to consider now. ^^;

Dark Knight story line!

You find out that the au ra main NPC's parents have been executed in Ishgard, just for having a dragon looking appearance. Apparently they executed a whole bunch of au ra when they fled from the Garleans!

sonofa- I haven't done the Dark Knight story! (I don't really care for the spoiler, I already know most of the story, but I didn't know that little detail.) I'm kinda shocked, Really wish that was stated in other places. I'm not a fan of tanking so I would've never known that.

Thank you for the little piece of lore though! I got a few things to consider now. ^^;

You're welcome! It is really easy to overlook if you don't have friends telling you these things, or haven't done the questlines yourself. I wish they pointed out a bit more as well, but I guess SE didn't want to go to overboard with the hatred towards au ra in Eorzea :P

Dark Knight story line!

Wow, you'd think they would want to make that a bit more well-known somehow. Then again, not the first time they put lore like that exclusively in a Job-quest chain.

I think, a possible loop-hole for Kai, could be the fact that the Tailfeather Hunters are a free society of hunters. I don't think they are Ishgardian. And...

In a side-quest chain I did there, a Miqo'te girl joined them rather easily. She wasn't born there, and didn't grow up there. It seems like she just approached them and was allowed to join, get their attire and tattoos before her first hunt!

Later in that same side-quest chain, there is a new Elezen hunter who kills a nesting Chocobo. It is a horrible violation of Tailfeather law to do that apparently. The odd thing is, this hunter seemed oblivious to that law until he was banished for violating it.

It seems like the Tailfather Hunters don't really have much of a trial or screening process for new members. Not sure if that same opportunity extends to Auri, but there is a chance since they seem so open about letting people join.

Just lending an idea.

Maybe some backstory tweaks are in order? I think it's still do-able.

Wow, you'd think they would want to make that a bit more well-known somehow. Then again, not the first time they put lore like that exclusively in a Job-quest chain.

A lot of the Au Ra lore is sadly bundled up in the Class Quests. The 50+ WHM storyline verifies it and also a bit of Xaela lore on the side.

It really is depressing that so much critical character information is hidden behind 50+ storyline quests that most people won't want to slog through before making their first character. And frankly I don't think they -should-. It's stupid to hide all the lore behind gated quests like they're doing, and really highlights why we need a lore wikia.

Dark Knight story line!

I think, a possible loop-hole for Kai, could be the fact that the Tailfeather Hunters are a free society of hunters. I don't think they are Ishgardian. And...

In a side-quest chain I did there, a Miqo'te girl joined them rather easily. She wasn't born there, and didn't grow up there. It seems like she just approached them and was allowed to join, get their attire and tattoos before her first hunt!

Later in that same side-quest chain, there is a new Elezen hunter who kills a nesting Chocobo. It is a horrible violation of Tailfeather law to do that apparently. The odd thing is, this hunter seemed oblivious to that law until he was banished for violating it.

It seems like the Tailfather Hunters don't really have much of a trial or screening process for new members. Not sure if that same opportunity extends to Auri, but there is a chance since they seem so open about letting people join.

Just lending an idea.

Maybe some backstory tweaks are in order? I think it's still do-able.

That's what I was thinking of when I started with the idea of having her being apart of Tailfeather. I was trying to find the quest information on google because I'm not in-game to make sure I wasn't going insane or mis-remembering to much! I'm considering a few tweaks to her backstory, but as far as backstories go, I try to keep them loose so it doesn't hold back to much development in future RP.