Is your character left or right handed?

Aaron

Oh man. I hadn't really thought about this much before I happened upon this topic. I also didn't realize that being more dominant in one hand or the other could affect fighting so much (especially physical combat).

Because of the in-game animations, I've just kinda rolled with K'heyo being right-handed. Even though it would be a petty issue, I'm not quite sure I could deal with the animations being inaccurate to his dominant hand if I were to change him to left-handed.

Yep it plays a big part despite being such a small thing! I always try to incorporate it during fight rp with Aaron by showing him switching hands or having difficulty defending one side over the other. Makes the fight more about real skill and finesse than the typical "I swing harder than you, you get hit."

Oh man. I hadn't really thought about this much before I happened upon this topic. I also didn't realize that being more dominant in one hand or the other could affect fighting so much (especially physical combat).

Because of the in-game animations, I've just kinda rolled with K'heyo being right-handed. Even though it would be a petty issue, I'm not quite sure I could deal with the animations being inaccurate to his dominant hand if I were to change him to left-handed.

Yep it plays a big part despite being such a small thing! I always try to incorporate it during fight rp with Aaron by showing him switching hands or having difficulty defending one side over the other. Makes the fight more about real skill and finesse than the typical "I swing harder than you, you get hit."

I see. I'm always looking to try and make my RP experience feel more "realistic" and "immersive," so I might try to include some of this in my RPing. Up until now, I've just used dice rolls alone to decide the outcome of fights. Actually, it might be a neat thing to combine both of those and have a swing or dodge fail because of the angle and arm strength dominance.