Theorycrafting for Newcomers

Hey guys, time for a more serious thread.

I dislike extracting answers from the official forums where people are banned left and right nowadays for a hint of parsing and from Reddit where one must shift through trolls and belligerents, reposting the question 20 times just to get it out there.

In recent news, I'm helping out on a FFXIV Theorycrafting site that'll be similar to Elitist Jerks, Method, and Icy Veins to name a few. Since it's currently in prototype and phpBB, I'm not handing out a link yet until the transfer to IPB4 or vBulletin. While my main project will be over Ninja (aka the Prius), I'm also working on plenty of write-ups in the initial stage (peer reviewed, of course).

Thus, I find myself at the RPC with these questions for one such project: Theorycrafting for Newcomers. The discussion questions are below and bolded for visibility.

1. If you were to get into theorycrafting, what are some things you would like to know?

2. What are concepts from/of theorycrafting you believe most people should know about?

1. If you were to get into theorycrafting, what are some things you would like to know?

2. What are concepts from/of theorycrafting you believe most people should know about?

1) I never had the head for crunching the numbers myself but I've always tried to follow the meta through the games I've played as they progressed. The EJ paladin breakdowns were always very helpful when it came to priorities and expectations, so I'd like to see that again. Admittedly, XIV is a lot more basic compared to Wrath/Cata level WoW raiding (no gems, enchants, secondaries are extremely limited by ilvl and availability) but the gesture was always welcome.

2) PRIORITIES AND TIPS FOR MAXIMIZING YOUR JOB. Stuff like "Remember to always refresh Hot Shot after 30 seconds; After level 34 you'll need to do this after every second Quick Reload" or "Twin Snakes should be refreshed every third combo rotation on a Monk" to give an idea of when these things should be happening. I think we can all agree that seeing NINs without Huton, DRGs without Heavy Thrust and MCH at all without Hot Shot up all make us sad in our pants.