"I'm Really Feeling It!"

No, this thread has nothing to to with Super Smash Bros.

I'm sure I'm probably alone in the "I'm so sick of hearing about Fallout" corner, but as long as we are super-hyping RPGs, why not another grand sprawling adventure with a huge open world of dangerous creatures and discover to explore?

That's right, we are less than a month away from the release of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Nintendo, as usual, is not advertising or hyping this game in the west at all. But I've been playing the 3DS version of Xenoblade Chronicles to get myself ready for the new game next month, and I've been having a blast. It's got interesting and compelling narrative that doesn't constantly hit you over the head with religious symbolism and an overly pretentious plot (Xenosaga). It has a good solid cast of characters that all have well voice acted and amusing dialog and banter both inside and out of combat. ("Now it's Reyn time!") The music is very good nails the atmosphere perfectly. And it has a fun battle system that is not unlike a good MMORPG battle system. Naturally the game isn't perfect. It has some pacing issues, especially in the 2nd half. It's a nightmare for completionists and a lot of work just to earn some of the optional stuff for your characters like their 4th and 5th skill trees. And if you are trying to accomplish these tasks, you'll need to delve heavily into the game's hundreds and hundreds of side quests. These feel straight out of an MMO with the "Collect 5 of these" or "Kill 6 of these" but they have absolutely no quest tracking whatsoever. So you either need to find all the locations yourself, or rely heavily on a wiki or guide.

But all in all, it's a very memorable and rewarding RPG experience. Which is why I'm so looking forward to the new game coming next month. Just from what I can tell from the Japanese release, it looks to have improved on Xenoblade Chronicles in nearly every way. It also has a custom player created main character who can be male or female and have many different looks. That's an interesting choice after playing as Shulk in Xenoblade 1. There is some kind of multiplayer element to the game as well, but I haven't looked into its specifics as of yet. Also 4 party members as once instead of 3! That was one of my gripes with Xenoblade 1. I agonized over which party members made the best setup with my playstyle and was constantly switching party members around to see what I liked the most. This will give more room for party set ups and I'm glad to see that 4th party member.

So is anyone else eagerly awaiting this game? Or am I the only one who's vision isn't obscured by Fallout 4?

I didn't finish Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii and I didn't get very far. Final Fantasy XIV is a good consumer of my time and focus.

While Fallout 4 comes out same day as Patch 3.1, I would also be able to take a look at StarCraft 2's Legacy of the Void. Since I have very small familiarity with the Fallout series (I never actually ended up buying or playing any of the games), I have a good familiarity with the starcraft story. I am interested in how it will end (most likely cliche but I want to see its end. RaynorxKerrigan OTP yes).

I'll probably be getting X at some point. Will I be playing it Day One? Doubt it. My consoles are all still in boxes after I moved.

If the question begins with "Am I the only one..." the answer is always, always, always no.

Well obviously if I really thought I might be the only one I wouldn't have even bothered to make a thread.

I felt it might be a more positive experience if instead of spending energy trying to figure out what the big deal with Fallout 4 is ("Man! What a buncha jokers!") , I could possibly partake in some conversation about a game I /am/ excited for. ("But let's not be careless.")