Armor Sets

So, is there a site that has pics of costumes or gear sets characters wear? Like, one that shows social sets, or class sets etc?

Most items are viewable on the Lodestone. Each item has its own page where comments and pics of the item can be seen. Most items have a pic up within a week or so of its release.

For some reason, I was worried the pink would hurt my eyes but it's a nice, soft pink.

I usually recommend using Lodestone to look at items but anything buyable from the market board can be previewed by just ctrl+rightclicking the name. Stuff that isn't directly buyable can still be previewed if someone you know has it by them linking the item, or by them wearing it for you to ctrl+rightclick (though if they have a glamour over it, it'll preview that glamour instead; it'll preview dyes too).

I tend to buy one off pieces that I smash with the black knickers from the summer event and make an outfit out of them... I leveled monk just to get the tantra top for that reason, even.

I do wish they'd implement a way to try on several different pieces of gear together, but until then you just kind of have to... find a piece you like, buy it, find another piece you like and try it on while wearing the other and build from there.  That's how some of us (cough, hack) got like 28 outfits worth of nonsense. <3

I do wish they'd implement a way to try on several different pieces of gear together, but until then you just kind of have to... find a piece you like, buy it, find another piece you like and try it on while wearing the other and build from there.  That's how some of us (cough, hack) got like 28 outfits worth of nonsense. <3

It's been implemented already, as of Patch 3.1 a few weeks ago. On the Preview window, next to the button that says "Display Gear" is now a new button. The icon looks like a page. Click that to toggle it on and it will retain all the items you preview moving forward, meaning you can try on and preview multiple items together without ever having to buy any of them.

...the only downside is that you still can't view them dyed unless you own the pieces.

It's been implemented already, as of Patch 3.1 a few weeks ago. On the Preview window, next to the button that says "Display Gear" is now a new button. The icon looks like a page. Click that to toggle it on and it will retain all the items you preview moving forward, meaning you can try on and preview multiple items together without ever having to buy any of them.

...the only downside is that you still can't view them dyed unless you own the pieces.

Reading is for squares, what are patch notes.

That being said you'd think I'd have picked up on that one considering my obsession with dressing my character up like a paper doll. I'm dumb. <3 thanks for letting me know.