Black Desert or Blade and Soul? How about This??

Moonlight Blade Online is a Chinese mmorpg situated in a fantasy version of ancient china. Some facts are:

>Landmass is 18x larger than Skyrim and is beautifully crafted. There is a video and from what I can gather it is seamless. 

>There are 17 different types of landscapes and over two thousand types of plants. 

>It utilizes a new combat system that is "revolutionary" and from the video it does seem new. Instead of most mmos where they have you dodging and dashing around, this combat system allows you to dodge, block, parry, and counterattack your opponents. Its quite an in depth combat system and I hope it is delivered as promised. 

>I think certain classes are gender locked  

more information can be found here. 

http://2p.com/15682654_1/tencent-games-moonlight-blade-is-preparing-for-western-debut-by-joelw.htm

Black Desert is a very RP-friendly MMO where character customization and atmosphere rank pretty high.

The gameplay itself is solid. It is a pure-action MMO, extremely fast-paced and reliant on combos that you can either macro to your hotbar or press certain buttons on your keyboard/mouse to produce. Character progression is linear, with plenty of optimized builds already out thanks to the KR, JP, and RU releases.

Classes are gender locked, but there are corresponding gender versions of the classes that are related but not exactly alike. For example, Warrior and Valkyrie. Warrior is a very aggressive tank-type, sword and shield character, where as a Valkyrie is a sword and shield support-type. The Blader and the Plum are another set of male and female classes. The former is more geared to AoE type damage, where as the Plum is single-target and focuses on stunlocking.

PvP is extremely satisfying and, as far as I know, the only real thing to do once you hit max level, as the PvE is relatively weak. There are some world bosses that are mildly difficult but nothing truly challenging if you have enough people and skilled players. Ultimately, Black Desert is a PvP sandbox, where mega-guilds vie for control over cities, castles, and resource nodes.

Blade and Soul is a themepark MMO. The story, in my opinion, is total trash compared to FFXIV and Blade and Soul's PvE is more robust compared to Black Desert Online. Simply put, there is more to do if you like PvE in Blade and Soul. Instanced dungeons, bosses, etc. I haven't gotten a chance to RP in Blade and Soul, but from what I've seen of the game, it doesn't conduct itself very well to it. But take that with a grain of salt since I didn't actually RP.

What I did do was PvP. Alot. Blade and Soul's PvP is, in no way, inferior to Black Desert Online. Rather, they focus on different aspects of it. Black Desert is more geared toward larger conflicts, where Blade and Soul focuses on small scale, structured PvP arenas. There is open world PvP in Blade and Soul, but the core of it is built around 1v1 and more recently, 3v3. 

Know that Blade and Soul is a popular Esport in Korea, highlighting its deep, complex, and skill-based nature. At higher-tier levels of skill, it's more like a fighting game with an MMO backdrop rather than an action MMO. Blade Masters practice for hours learning how to perfectly block every classes' major combo. Animation canceling and combo timing are essential in this sort of setting. I've seen a match go on for five minutes straight without any player taking damage then, for a single moment, someone missed their block and died in the next five seconds.

Moonlight Blade looks pretty snazzy! It's looking like their NA release is still a fair ways off though? It's a little tricky to find much info about this one or their plans at this stage, I suppose. Which is probably why people are more focused on BDO and B&S for now. But this might be worth watching in the future. :)