Exuberant Miqo'te Needing a Curious Researcher for Plot Development

Hey there, fellow roleplayers! Beware as I try to craft one of these connections threads to find out who would be interested! I have been doing a considerable amount of roleplay this past month and have been enjoying it immensely (thanks to some arm-twisting from a close friend), and am excited to reach out and see what happens. Without further ado, though, lets get some of the ol' info out into the field!

The Character:

n00noPo.png

Fsl7lfi.png

zrxD7kn.png

X'ammeha Rose is a lady miqo'te that was born and raised by a Seeker of the Sun tribe of miqo'te. Her younger years were mostly ordinary, and while she was still in her homelands, she learned many a skill to make use of her hands. This mostly included learning the ways of mining and blacksmithing to help make and repair tools for anyone who needed the help. Staying put was simply not for her, though, so she decided to take her skills elsewhere by exploring Eorzea before she grew any more bored than she already was, and thus her adventure began!

Exuberant tends to be the word to describe X'ammeha to any who spend much time with her. Most days the miqo'te is incredibly cheerful, and will pretty well cause an aura of positive energy around her if she is shown kindness. Having an opportunity to be a legitimate help is also quite likely to send her over the top with excitement, as she absolutely loves putting her skill set to use! X'ammeha tends to be very easy to get along with, as shown by the variety of friends she has met in her travels... from lonely wanderers, to mercenaries, to detectives and trouble-hunters! Some say her personality can be a bit infectious, so beware!

It is not all fun and games for X'ammeha, though, as much as she would like it to be. Her skills do have to be put to use to earn the gil to keep her going. Due to her smithing being in demand, and her love of the environment, she is often found around Limsa Lominsa and the La Noscea area, whether she is working in the forge, or helping out in the farmlands by fixing fences and tools. X'ammeha also suffers from a peculiar ailment that she cannot even begin to understand, and will usually refuse to admit that it is not just bad luck, which brings up the next point...

Plot Development Connection:

Magic... a concept that fascinates X'ammeha, but not something she necessarily gets along with. A recent accident has brought to light to her new friends that the miqo'te does not react well to magic used around or on her. This was made rather clear as an attempt to use healing magic to soothe her battered hands resulted in them becoming so badly inflamed they could cause burns with a touch as if the hands themselves were creating heat. Seeing the negative reaction, and hearing of similar or worse incidents in the past has prompted her friends to seek out anyone knowledgeable enough of aether, and curious about oddities within it, to try to help out X'ammeha .

The ailment itself can make research somewhat dangerous, as while the negative side-effects usually only affect X'ammeha, they do sometimes spread to others, such as an entire party suffering a terrible rash after the miqo'te had been repeatedly healed during combat. Very little is understood about the cause, and potency of the miqo'te's problem, so one would have to start from the ground up!

Ultimately the pursuit is for a cure, or discovering a way for the miqo'te to control her problem, but it will be no easy task! A research thaumaturge, conjurer or astrologist will be essential for any form of success, and thus, reaching out must be performed!

Desired Traits for a Connection:

Okay, things got wordy, time to make this short form, so get ready! These are a few things that I am after:

Friendliness: X'ammeha is unlikely to cooperate or desire further contact if she is treated harshly or disrespectfully, so a friendly, kind-hearted researcher is far more likely to get somewhere with her.

On-Going Plot Development: The nature of X'ammeha's ailment is complex, so this is not going to be a one and done type of situation, so ultimately, this could go on awhile! I am hoping to make a couple of friends with this, both in and out of character!

Genuine Interest: The researcher having a potent curiousity towards X'ammeha's ailment would be lovely! Curiousity can often lead to dedication, after all!

What is Not Desired:

Same deal here, gonna short form it (as short as I get at least):

Overly Simple Solution: X'ammeha's ailment is supposed to be highly complex and difficult to understand... There is no finger snap and it is fixed solution here, expect failure, lots and lots of failure!

Not a Lab Rat: Being a test subject is a cruel fate... the researcher should always remember that X'ammeha is an intelligent being first, and a subject of curiousity second.

Over-Powered Characters: This just kinda goes with the territory of most RP in general. A good character has flaws to compliment their strengths, after all!

Permanent Injury: Nice thing about stories is we have a little more control over them than our own life, so anything that would make X'ammaha permanently unable to live her life is incredibly pointless from a trying to have fun standpoint!

A Little About Me/Availability:

Alright, first thing to cover... Due to my work, I am most often available in the evenings, especially the later portion of the evening (10-11PM Pacific). Wednesdays are also a pretty good time for me as I often have those afternoons free. Extra days are off are fantastic for RP, but they are completely random due to shift work.

I would describe myself as a medium RPer. After a very long hiatus, a close friend got me to try RPing here on Balmung, and I am loving it, but my busy schedule makes me unable to do it quite as often as I would like.

Spontaneous RP is something I actually quite enjoy, so even if you are not able to fill the role, or are just not interested in the plot-development connection I am after, feel free to approach X'ammeha in character! I love making new friends, so seeing what each new encounter brings to the table is super fun!

I am still pretty new to FF14 (this is only my second month), so pardon if I get names messed up or accidentally mess up lore a few times! I am learning as best I can!

I... I think that covers it! If not I will like, edit something in, but yeah! Feel free to ask any questions as well as I probably missed an important detail here or there. Looking forward to curiousity, and hope I did not go too over-the-top!

While my character, Savo, would be utterly useless to Ammeha and her condition, I think it would be amusing for our characters to know each other.  My reasoning is that you describe Ammeha as firstly, a blacksmith which is not immediately taken to be exceptional.  I have great respect for players who find enjoyment in playing the average citizens of a fantasy realm rather than its heroes.  The second is that Ammeha seems to faithfully represent a Seeker of the Sun in temperament.  Savo is an archetypal Keeper and opposite Ammeha in every measurable way (Save the skepticism with magic).  They'd drive each other mad...which makes for fun roleplay especially if they might find a reason to be friends despite this.

At any rate, Hello

-Savo

While my character, Savo, would be utterly useless to Ammeha and her condition, I think it would be amusing for our characters to know each other.  My reasoning is that you describe Ammeha as firstly, a blacksmith which is not immediately taken to be exceptional.  I have great respect for players who find enjoyment in playing the average citizens of a fantasy realm rather than its heroes.  The second is that Ammeha seems to faithfully represent a Seeker of the Sun in temperament.  Savo is an archetypal Keeper and opposite Ammeha in every measurable way (Save the skepticism with magic).  They'd drive each other mad...which makes for fun roleplay especially if they might find a reason to be friends despite this.

At any rate, Hello

-Savo

Oh my gosh that would likely be hilarious! It would not be the first near-opposite character that X'ammeha has met, and only time and interaction will tell whether a friendship is sparked or not! I would certainly be interested in the two running into each other and seeing what happens~

Also yeah, I generally stick to characters who shine through personality and little oddities, not so much those that want to make a big name for themselves. It is a lot more fun as it allows for far more subtle interactions and focuses more on emotion and everyday situations in a very different world. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it is certainly mine!

Our times do not seem to meet (I'm in East coast, and will log off at the latest Midnight est) but the storyline definitely sounds cool, hope to hear updates!

Yeah, that is one of the most frustrating problems since my work often has me heading home at like, 9 or 10PM at night, so getting to do much with people from the east coast is just rough. If there is enough curiousity I may consider posting story updates, but I am not sure just yet!