Project: Primal Battle!

Rhostel

I'm not talking about entire Final Fantasy series iconography. I'm talking specifically about what's iconic for FFXIV. Otherwise' date=' Bards would be SOL, given that there is no overall iconic series style for them.[/quote']

No, but we do have this:

http://www.ff-finalfantasy.com/ffiv-off ... x1024.html

Thankfully, XIV's Bard AF borrows nothing from Gilbert/Edward's wardrobe. But seriously, you should totally put Aysun in that. >.>

I'm not talking about entire Final Fantasy series iconography. I'm talking specifically about what's iconic for FFXIV. Otherwise' date=' Bards would be SOL, given that there is no overall iconic series style for them.[/quote']

No, but we do have this:

http://www.ff-finalfantasy.com/ffiv-off ... x1024.html

Thankfully, XIV's Bard AF borrows nothing from Gilbert/Edward's wardrobe. But seriously, you should totally put Aysun in that. >.>

Not that he was the first. Although, the III remake Bard outfit does look a little bit like Bard AF, if you squint and pretend the colours are different. That's probably not at all a coincidence, though.

Like I said' date=' I want it to be iconic. Pointiness and all, in the case of the Dragoon. :\[/quote']

I don't remember a FF dragoon that was pointy to start with. Even Kain Highwind was not this pointy.

Still, that's at your discretion.

Uhhhhhh.... http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dragoon_%28Job%29

Not as pointy, but I wouldn't cuddle with any of them!

Not sure what Fenrir's role will be this time around' date=' but there is the concept art that floating about. Who knows, they might also add Diablos, Phoenix, Siren, and Alexander. Then there's jobs like Corsair/Musketeer and anything else SE might add. Of course none of that is confirmed, but hey! It would be awesome to see more slots someday :)[/quote']

I've definitely been considering all that stuff, but for now, I'm working with known quantities. The second new Job/Shiva thing is the only addition to the project I'm seriously considering at this point, simply because both seem to be things with a strong likelihood of being revealed in the coming months. There may well be a phase 2 of this someday, though!

I've seen Fenrir, and it was hinted that one of the bird things was Siren-- so where's this mentioning of Shiva >.>.....

Nevermind.... http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/171

Anyways, Molt has like...a sliver of training in Dragoon (like...enough to Jump, but it's my only lvl 50!), and likes using certain polearms. If you need, he can be your model...but I'd like to really hold off on the Ninja/Assassin (Thief) slot! Though with Summoner in on release and more interest on Musketeer, it may be until next year >.<

I am not super artsy or anything in the 2d world, and I have only recently joined the forums, but Ravyne is/was a full fledged Dragoon from Ishgard before Dalamund fell and still reluctantly acts that part when needed. If the Dragoon spot is still open, and you would be willing to put me in such a slot then I am game. Ravyne is a Midlander Hyur.(working on my wiki right now!)

My intro thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3201

Do you think I could get Keisuna in for black mage? I feel like Kei should get some kind of revenge for wiping her parties so much and being so stingy with the primal weapons.

My Black Mage idea works for any race. :) Since it has personal relevance, consider yourself CONFIRMED.

Anyways' date=' Molt has like...a sliver of training in Dragoon (like...enough to Jump, but it's my only lvl 50!), and likes using certain polearms. If you need, he can be your model...but I'd like to really hold off on the Ninja/Assassin (Thief) slot! Though with Summoner in on release and more interest on Musketeer, it may be until next year >.<[/quote']

Hm. An Elezen would be perfect, but given how ambivalent you are....

I am not super artsy or anything in the 2d world, and I have only recently joined the forums, but Ravyne is/was a full fledged Dragoon from Ishgard before Dalamund fell and still reluctantly acts that part when needed. If the Dragoon spot is still open, and you would be willing to put me in such a slot then I am game. Ravyne is a Midlander Hyur.(working on my wiki right now!)

My intro thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3201

Midlander works fine, and you do seem keen....

Give me some time. I think I know which Dragoon to pick, but I wanna be sure. :)

Oh, and hey. Tev, wanna be my Summoner, since Black Mage is covered?

Also, I have been working on the Siobhain vs Odin layout, I'm just having a lot of trouble positioning Odin. That's why I haven't posted it.

Bam! BAM! Two more CONFIRMED. Also, nice to get some male characters slotted in. ;)

Nel has pulled out, so there is currently nobody in the running for the Warrior slot. Looking for athletic, medium-ish sized characters in particular! Also, a very large, muscular Monk would be appreciated, if there's any out there.

lol...tiny Moogle Mog...

No sign of Siren, so I'm guessing that will come at some climactic point or the end...it was sorta hinted that it would be one PC race's 'primal' but...meehhh mostly speculation.

Oh yeah, there was a hint on the Dev Blog that Tonberries are coming back! Maybe............

Just a heads up: What with the multiple tooth extractions I had this morning, I won't be working on this for a few days, at least.

I can still discuss the project and would appreciate reference material from those confirmed people who haven't sent me any. Just don't expect any scribbles to materialise for a little bit.