Sky Pirates Tournament

[align=center](Notice - Not happening yet despite this post, just posting the rules and info for tweaks and if it can attract attention I'll put forth like 600k towards the funding of the pot, 100k a week to the winner or biweekly I don't fucking know @_@ also sorry to those who haven't purchased HW but this will take place in zones that enable flying for the visual aesthetics of flying mounts.)[/align]

[align=center]A beautifully drawn poster of what looked to be a rider & his fire breathing Wyvern engaged in combat with a man and his Behomoth can be seen posted around with the words "Take to the skies or bring them to the ground! Mounted Combat awaits!" (Or some shit like that I don't fucking know)[/align]

[align=center]"Any who wish to participate will meet at a special location located out in the Dravanian Forelands yet to be released, so stay updated as new posters will come soon! (Probably gonna be somewhere where I'm not fucking attacked by goddamn chocobos)[/align]

[align=center]No entry fee required, all that is required is you have a mount, creature or machine! Voidsent Ahriman's to Aircutters accepted! [/align]

[align=center]RULES!! LISTEN UP NOOBS!![/align]

[align=center]NUMBER ONE - BRING A MOUNT THAT ISNT BIGGER THAN MY GRANDMA, MEANING IF IT CAN CARRY MORE THAN ONE PERSON YOU WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING.[/align]

[align=center] NUMBER TWO - THE RIDER OF THE MOUNT CAN BRING ONE PHYSICAL WEAPON BE IT A SWORD OR FOR YOU PRISSY LITTLE MAGIC USERS A BOOK! TO ASSIST THEIR MOUNTS OFFENSIVE CAPABILITES IN COMBAT. YES MAGIC IS ALRIGHT.[/align]

[align=center] RULE NUMBER THREE - THERE WILL BE NO KILLING! REMEMBER WHAT I SAID ABOUT FUCKING YO SHIT UP? I'LL FUCKING LETHALLY FUCK YO SHIT UP IF YOU TRY TO KILL SOMEBODY. YOU WILL ACCEPT YOUR STONESKIN AND MANA MAGIC RESISTANCE BUFFS BEFORE DOING ANY FIGHTING OR I WILL WRECK. YO. SHIT. SON. DONT TAKE MY TWO FOOT HIGH ASS AS A JOKE I'LL PUNCH A BANDERSNATCH IN THE MOUTH AND FLEX RIGHT AFTER.[/align]

[align=center]NUMBER FOUR - YOU WILL RESPECT WHOEVER IS OVERWATCHING! I GIVE NO FUCKS IF ITS YOUR WORST MORTAL ENEMY, IF THEY ARE OVERSEEING AND ARENT BEING A DICK YOU SHUT UP AND RESPECT THEM![/align]

[align=center]NUMBER FIVE (I have colorful vocabulary I know!) - THERE WILL BE NO BITCHING ABOUT YOUR OPPONENT, IF YOU COME HERE WITH A FAT CHOCOBO AND YOUR OPPONENT IS A FUCKING BEHEMOTH AND HIS RIDER THATS YOUR FAULT LOSER, COME PREPARED OR STAY HOME.[/align]

[align=center]NUMBER SIX - HAVE FUN, THAT'S WHY THIS IS COMING."[/align]

[align=center]OOC Info Below![/align]

[align=center]That was a fun advertisement to type, I thoroughly enjoyed that, even if IC Aaron didn't right it but a cute yet abrasive lalafell did with a eye glare more deadly than any Yandere psycho.[/align]

[align=center]So here's how it works, Your mount can use whatever creative abilities you want it to have (within reason) such as a fire breathing dragon or a gun mounted ship and you can have one weapon as well to assist you. The roll system will be different from GS but similar.[/align]

[align=center]Depending on your opponent, there will be three scenarios you could possibly be faced with.[/align]

[align=center]Airborne vs Ground battle, Ground vs Ground battle, Airborne vs Airborne battle. You will engage the other via emotes as usual and will have a open area to take part in amongst a crowd of watchers. First one to FOUR hits is declared the winner, and will use the regular rolling higher roller rolls attack and emotes -> lower roll rolls defense after attackers emote and it reverses etc etc.[/align]

[align=center]HOWEVER, Couple unique mechanics available, the first is -how- you will be forced to juggle using the mount to attack or taking it in your own hands and using your personal weapon as assistance. The event is to show off the mounts moreso than the people riding them, so therefore there's a thing called mount attack vs assist attack. If you only use your mount to attack your opponent you roll against them just like anything else, if you decide to help your dragon by jumping off it to slash at the opponent's wards for example, you have a chance to take out two of your opponent's barriers, but you must /win/ your assistance roll, and you can only do it ONCE a match, should you lose your attack roll you automatically sacrifice one of your own wards as the defense basically knocks your ass away from them or you miss all together giving them a free shot and will embarrass yourself to everyone especially if you lose because of it. ASSISTANCE ROLLS ARE NOT AFFECTED BY MOUNT MODIFIERS! WHAT YOU ROLL IS JUST THAT. HOWEVER MODIFERS STILL AFFECT THE DEFENDING PARTIES ROLL.[/align]

[align=center]HOWEVER IF YOU ARE DOING AN ASSIST ATTACK BECAUSE YOUR MOUNT CANNOT FLY NON OF THIS APPLIES TO YOU, YOU CAN ATTACK YOUR OPPONENT WITHOUT FEAR OF LOSING A WARD ASSUMING YOUR YOUR MOUNT HAS NO ANTI AIR ATTACKS. BUT UNLESS YOU OUTRIGHT ACKNOWLEDGE IN YOUR POST THAT YOU ARE GOING FOR THE TWO FOR ONE ATTACK DEAL YOUR BLOWS DEAL ONE HIT JUST LIKE THE MOUNT IF SUCCESSFUL, AND YOU CAN GET YOUR MOUNTS EITHER DEFENSE OR ATTACK BUFF AND USE IT TO BOOST YOUR ROLL.[/align]

[align=center]I'll say it again, If you the PC intervene to attack your opponent with your personal weapon, you risk one of your own wards for a chance to take out two of your opponent's! If your mount can't fly and you need to hit your airborne opponent your rolls work just as off your mount was attacking unless you say you're doing the two for one.[/align]

[align=center]With that said, on to the mount modifiers! There's 4 Types of Modifiers, each unique so choose your mount wisely when you battle![/align]

[align=center]Large Beastial Mounts like the Zu, Behemoth, Fat Chocobo, Midsgardsormr and Fenrir gain + 200 automatically to their attack, but get a - 200 debuff on their defense rolls as they are large target.[/align]

[align=center]Small Speedy Mounts like the chocobos (not fat one), aircutters, Ahriman, ponies & birds from ex primal, Coeurl and Wyvern Get + 200 To their defense as they can dodge easily due to their size, but get a - 200 debuff to their attacker rolls.[/align]

[align=center]Armored Mounts like the Magitek Armor, Sleipnir or Tortoise get a + 200 to their defense rolls, but suffer a - 100 attack penalty.[/align]

[align=center]On the subject of ground vs air battles, normally since mounts can still run around even if you're not flying, you can change it up however you want during your match as you see fit. For example if you have a chocobo mount and you're fighting on the ground you can become airborne whenever you want, but if you alternate mid battle for either ground or air, that sacrifices your attack roll, and if you lose your take off roll you basically get hit as your opponent doesn't let you get away.[/align]

[align=center] That's the gist of it, if you have any questions or can help me improve the rules I'm open to it, as right now all this is off the top of my head.[/align]

At my current rate I probably won't reach HW content until, oh, 2021 or so. I would, however, be glad to make a contribution to the event! I'll be sure to add you the next time I'm on.

I've been thinking, if enough people really want to participate and they don't have HW I could alternate zones every other time to give them a shot too.

Nevertheless appreciate the support <3