New to FFXIV!

Hello!  I just started playing FFXIV last week I think, and have been enjoying the game immensely so far.  I started out on Faerie but switched to Balmung to rp.

--MMORPG background: I've played several mmo's before, but my list in terms of previous favorites first would go like this: ESO, GW2, WoW, EQ2, SWTOR.

--RP experience: I've played tabletop rpg's for much of my life.  I've also rp'd in ESO for almost two years.

--Character ideas/info: My character on Balmung is a female miqo'te seeker named Asunasari Volsani.  She is 23 years old and is from Limsa.  Her father is an old mage who was powerful in his day, named Sol Volsani.  He used to go by the nickname Sol-Vol.  Her family is reclusive and did not take part in clan life, hence the non-conventional Miqo'te name.  Her father is currently retired, although he serves as an adviser to the Arcanist's Guild in Limsa.  He sent Asunasari to Ul'dah to study magic at the Thaumaturgist's Guild, and also so that she could discover her own path and not follow in his footsteps directly.  Since Asunasari arrived, she met a mercenary in the Quicksand who intrigued her. Since her father knew that Ul'dah had its share of dangers and Asuna would be defenseless by herself, he gave her money to hire a bodyguard.  Asunasari hired the merc as her bodyguard, and immediately became inspired by his great cannon.  Since then, she has decidedly gone against her father's will and has been training under her bodyguard's tutelage to become a mercenary herself.

--How did you learn about the coalition?: Someone in game told me about it, I forgot who.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?: Pretty heavy, I describe myself as heavy as ESO has pretty heavy rp compared to what I've seen so far in FFXIV.  Not that I'm criticizing the rp in FFXIV, just that there seems to be slightly less serious rp'ers (and far too many exclusively erp'ers from what I can tell).

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc): I typically don't share anything about my real life when playing games with people I don't know - it's nothing personal but I immerse myself in the game and not drag real life into it.