Leonnaux Altoix +1 (Zaviire's Characters)

I. Basic Info

• Name: Username is obviously zaviire but most of my friends call me Mid or Perc.
  • Pronouns: They/Them please!
  • Timezone: Central Standard Time (GMT-6)
  • Contact info: My Discord is Perc #5086, and my personal Tumblr is highwindy.

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    Medium-heavy. I prefer sessions that drag on for a while and have substance; I'm also a (shameful) Para RPer so my responses and such usually take a little bit in private settings (I try to cut it down in public ones where the chat scroll is already bad enough), with some posts being multi-part. I've written ones that take 5 parts to get through... It was an accident I promise. By that token, I prefer more story-based/plot-based RP than social RP; I'll do social RP of course, to fill in the gaps, but in the end I like the feeling of having something my character is working toward in some way.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    I enjoy RPing combat and neither of my (current) characters are any stranger to being injured. Unfortunately though, I don't like vanilla rolling (wherein if your opponent rolls higher than you, you just flat-out miss -- since it leaves little room for power gradient) and would, if at all possible, would prefer to just plot out how fights go so that the functional power level of characters is taken into account and not determined by a day of either really shit or really amazing RNG. But I also love to use combat systems so long as they're balanced and fair to the participants, so I'd have no problem with filling out a character sheet for one if it made it easier for involved parties.

• Views on IC romance:
    I don't mind ships, but they aren't something I actively seek out when it comes to RP. They need to flow and develop as naturally as the characters themselves allow (some characters may IC be the sort that go after it actively and that's fine! Mainly I just don't like ships when they're thrust upon me OOC) and preferrably be based on more than just physical attraction. I'm not too keen on the idea of ERP, needless to say.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    These sorts of relationships are what are most important in my opinion; from friends to family to enemies to business partners and so on and so forth, there's a lot more room for characters to bud and flourish if the cast of characters they surrounded with doesn't just include lovers, ex-lovers, or any other explicitly positive relations.

• Views on lore:
    I will not RP with anyone who bends the lore too far. I love the lore of the FFXIV universe and while I'm willing to bend the lore a bit to make things more interesting or fill in the gaps that the written lore has left for us to fill in, some things just take it too far. As such, I'm not too fond of characters dealing too heavily with the Void since I've found that a lot of people don't do their research but everything with me is on a case-by-case basis.

The one thing I'm not flexible with is the canon status of Fantasias. They don't exist in the game to me (and my character) so I'm not going to RP with anyone who RPs them as existing in any meaningful capacity.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    I tend to reserve /say for IC stuff. /yell also tends to be IC. With LSes it varies according to the rules of the LS, heh.
    Shout I have shunted into another tab altogether.
    /tells are almost exclusively OOC; I almost never carry on conversations in /tells though because there are times when I need my /tell tab clear.
    /party is OOC (usually).

• RP Pet Peeves:
    -Roleplay with asterisks. Brackets and stuff are fine... For some reason; I just can't stand the sight of asterisks. I prefer for my partners to RP with me with correct punctuation and the like, though.
    -Leaving RP unfinished. Picking it up at a later time is fine... But if I'm left hanging there's like a 9/10 chance the interaction will just be retconned.
    -Having my stories/plotlines left hanging. If we plan something together, then I'd like to be able to do it at some point, and preferably have them reach some sort of resolution (either played out or planned) if they're going to be dropped.
    -Fantasias. I'll just flat-out refuse to RP with anyone who treats Fantasias as canon. Because in my world, they do not exist in any way, shape, or form.

III. Characters

Leonnaux Altoix

Leonnaux Altoix is a self-taught Duskwight arcanist born in the Shroud. Unwittingly a bit self-centered, he studies tirelessly in search of answers regarding a condition he's had since the eve of the Calamity (declared 'aether sickness,' though it's actually the Echo). Dissatisfied with his lack of progress at home in Gridania, he fled from home after discovering that his mother and brother had been destroying his research in the express interests of hindering his studies.

As a result, he fled to Ul'dah, where he set down roots as both Leonnaux and a shadowy figure known as Crow who operates in the underground and was Leonnaux's primary source of income (via fencing stolen goods and dealing in information, though primarily the former while the latter has simply earned him a reasonably-sized network of contacts; in recent times his focus has shifted more toward the latter as he found that it was lower-risk even if it was higher-effort) prior to affiliating himself with the Artifice of Reason.

As Crow, he weaves a story that is twofold: the first, that Crow is a respectable member of the Ul'dahn underground who's been at it for quite a while and has seen perhaps twenty-three summers, and second, that Leonnaux himself is not Crow but simply his meek, somewhat incompetent messenger.

• RPC Wiki Page: Here
  • Usual Locale: Ul'dah
  • Profession: Researcher; Informant; Fence
  • Free Company Affiliation: Artifice of Reason
  • Linkshell/s: Ebonguard ("leader")
  • Server: Balmung (NA Legacy, Aether)

Percival Rigel

Percival Rigel is a lancer-gone-rogue (pun intended) born in Ul'dah. Formerly passionate about pursuing the art of the lance due to stories shared with her as a child, events that transpired during her membership ultimately drove her away from the guild and the city-state of Gridania. Taking up a new outlook on life and a pair of knives, she now works for the Dutiful Sisters of the Edelweiss as a rogue, having found a new brand of courage in steadfast adherence and enforcement of the Code. As such, after leaving (in her mind, fleeing) Gridania, she set down a new set of roots in Limsa Lominsa, and although she still travels from time to time to visit friends and family, she rarely stays gone for long.

• RPC Wiki Page Here
  • Usual Locale: Limsa Lominsa
  • Profession: Culinarian by day, rogue by night.
  • Free Company Affiliation: None IC
  • Linkshell/s: None
  • Server: Malboro (NA, Primal)

*Most of my RP with Percival is not done in-game. Instead, catch her on her Tumblr -- over here. I'm also willing to play her via forums or PM or Discord over here, but bear in mind that I will not alter her relationships with characters she has forged relationships with over the course of her Tumblr interactions in the interests of maintaining others' narratives.

[align=center]updates below.[/align]

• 4 weeks later...

• I have a new character, Leonnaux Altoix. This Duskwight is on Balmung. Percival is still not on Balmung, and never will be probably. His RPC Page can be found here! I'm a member of an FC already but I'm lowkey planning to stop hopping around to find the best fit for him. Information here, but I'll make a post in the connections forum too because it's more likely to be seen there.
  • Percival's tumblr is currently on semi-hiatus but it's fixin' to come off when I come home from vacation. I was blessed with an internet connection, but there are some drabbles and stuff I wanna write to really start cleaning up loose ends with her character and make her more interaction-friendly overall.
  • Removed Herobrine Edda. /snrk

• 4 months later...

• Cleaned up... Everything wow this got really dusty really quick. Added contact information also.
  • More in-depth information about my characters given in the post proper now, though it's technically just the first paragraph or few paragraphs from their wiki pages copy/pasted.
  • Made the answers for various things pretaining to RP style a bit clearer!
  • Percival's tumblr is still technically on semi-hiatus but that's mostly because I can't get off my ass to change the blog status in the title but I am, for all intents and purposes, around to RP her on tumblr.
  • Obviously found an FC for my Duskwight between July and December; some plot things have changed in status so I'll be making a new Connections thread shortly/eventually.
  • Readded Edda. Removing her was a mistake, oh god--