A role player draws near. Command?

allgivenover

Greetings everyone! I've been on and off this site for a long while now, watching and waiting. I was really excited about FFXIV when it first launched, as I'm sure a lot of us were. Now that ARR is drawing ever nearer I've decided to actually say hello here and perhaps post a bit

~MMORPG Background~

Woo, this takes me back. I started out on Ultima Online, though I was way too young to appreciate it as an older person might have. I've played a lot of online games, but those I stuck with the longest are Dark Age of Camelot, Final Fantasy XI, where I role played a female Elvaan Paladin, and Aion. I'm not very much into raid culture because I don't like basing my life schedule around raid times. That doesn't mean I'm adverse to working hard on endgame stuff. I enjoy PVP a great deal, though it need not be open world to satisfy me. 

My experiences with 1.0 were largely unsatisfying, and as a result I never really RP'd in it at all. I did manage to level a Bard to 48 before the game went down last November.

~RP experience~

Ah, role play. I can't stay interested in an online game for very long without it. In my younger years on Dark Age of Camelot I was a hard core role player who never broke character for any reason, and I'm sure I was quite annoying for some more progression oriented role players because of it.

Presently I'm more of what some might call a medium role player. Most of the time I am not actually playing IC, but when I am I go all out. Overall I tend to stick with one character, with the occasional alt. 

I also tend to write short stories about my characters and other's characters (with permission of course), so assuming that ARR plays out as wonderfully as we all expect it to you will see story posts from me.

~Character ideas/info~

For now the only sure thing for me is that I will be rolling a male Miqo'te that is perhaps a little on the selfish side. It's something I've been wanting to do for almost a decade now, since I never got the chance to play a male Mithra in XI.

~What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?~

I want to say medium. I do enjoy RP and lore a great deal, but I'm also interested in just playing the game. I'm open to almost all forms of RP, though I tend to shy away from erotic scenes, though not for any moral reason. It's simply because I quickly grow bored of emoting kissing or fondling.

~Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing?~

I like cosplay.

So there you have it~ I hope that I see you all in game once ARR launches and that good times will be had.

By the way, you all did a wonderful job redesigning the site~

Welcome to the site and all. I am pretty new myself.

Welcome! I believe the male Miqo'tes will be taking over Eorzea shortly.

Oh, I'm sure there will be very many of us, but I really can't help myself. I've been patiently waiting for way too long to allow its popularity to deter me.

Here here. Same reason I picked male Miqo'te. I never got to in XI.

Command>> Greet

"Welcome to the RPC, please make yourself at home.  If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask us.  We're a friendly crew."

Command>> Shameless Self Promotion

"If you are interested please click my signature to watch a daily news show containing all the latest FFXIV information in a bite sized breakfast format."