Smuggle Me This (Edited!)

[align=center]3430c7a37ae893853154a9901a2caa49.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Volana Rhouzan[/align]

[align=center]"Do you know what most people tend to forget about this job?" The Keeper before you leans back from the bulwarks, allowing her weight to hoist up one of the sails of her clipper as her body tips back towards the sea. "Professionalism. The stereotype of a smuggler is all well and good; a dashing rogue passively rejecting society's authority by selling illicit goods in the ever seediest of allies in the dark of night. An exciting protagonist by anyone's standards." With the dexterity of any miqo'te, the woman swings herself back onto the deck and gives you a glance over her shoulder before carefully examining a number of large crates packed near the bow."But the reality is far less awe inspiring, or worthy of envy for that matter. A proper smuggler is not only clever, but ambitious. They understand the workings of the economy and the simplicity of supply and demand. They never truly haggle and never accept anything less than the very best from both their product and their contacts. And most importantly," Lana smirks and catches your eye with her golden gaze, visibly critiquing every ilm of your person. "They are never caught, under any circumstances. Whether you able to avoid the eye of authority entirely, can offer exemplary bribes, or are willing to resort to more unsavory tactics to keep your privacy, this is the single tenet you must swear yourself to." The deck below you creaks as the ship rocks slightly and the Keeper turns her face towards the moon. She reaches into a pack strapped to her side and a silence passes between the two of you as she pulls out a metal case that's revealed to be holding cigarettes. "Though I suppose now you really have no choice, do you?" She muses before placing a cigarette between her lips. Even in the darkness, her lipstick can be seen smudged against the rolled paper. "Should I hear one word about you discussing this little business trip of ours," Again, her eyes meet yours with a humored grin and she takes a step forward whilst holding out the case towards you. "I would be obligated to follow my own rules."

---

About the character:

Volana Rhouzan, or Lana, as she prefers, is best known as the proprietor of Rhouzan's Imports and Exotic Fineries, a business that's name speaks for itself. Rather than owning an actual establishment or setting up a stand in a market, Lana prefers to gain customers through word of mouth and see that all her mercantile affairs are handled on an intimate basis, often taking orders from and delivering her goods to clients personally. There is a practicality to her discretion of course, for both herself and her clientele. While Lana's business does cater to those with legitimate needs and desires, some within Eorzea's underworld would recognize it as a front. Having used previous connections from her younger years as a mercenary, this Keeper was able to establish herself as a respected and efficient smuggler, using her reach to secure a variety of illicit goods. Be it priceless relics, narcotics, stolen jewelry, or even the rare piece of Garlean technology, Lana is as willing as she is able to get her hands on it, be it for the right price. While her temperament is relaxed and well-humored, those who have worked with her before have noticed that she has few boundaries when it comes to closing a contract. When not lurking beneath street lights or attempting to play a master thief, Lana is outgoing, level-headed, and curious. She finds it easy to make friends and enjoys people watching in general, always hoping to find someone more interesting than the last she's spoken to. She is undoubtedly ambitious and enjoys challenges, assuming it's not something that would upset her hair or sully her clothes. While it's clear gil seems to be the only concern guiding her life, she makes no attempt to celebrate her wealth and is more than content to live aboard her cutter as it drifts from port to port. A heavily scarred and lovable rogue with a passion for whiskey, sailing, and star gazing, Volana Rhouzan will either be someone's cup of tea or their stein of soured ale.

About the player:

Hello! My name is Rachel and I'm a 23 (24 in a few days!) year old female living in Texas. I've been RPing for about 11 years and actually have a bit of experience here on FFXIV before having taken a hiatus about a year ago. I've actually switched from the PS4 to the PC, so as I'm trying to relearn my classes, I'm filling a lot of my free time with some hella RP. I'm usually on in the afternoons and late evenings, so give me a poke if you see me around!

What I'm looking for:

[align=left]I am so hesitant to say crime-oriented plots because, let's be honest, there is an abundance of edgelords in any RPC. Sociopathic monsters who kick puppies and murder children bore me and they're exhausting to play with, especially when said traits are not part of any sort of character development. Characters who are Chaotic Evil bore me.  Acting as if there are no consequences to worry about in regards to murder/kidnapping/some world changing act of terror bores me. Characters who kill simply for the thrill of it bore me. This is not to say that using some of these traits will completely turn me off, but I honestly cannot that people who do it "just cuzzz". Give me conflict, give me characters whose morals are in flux or pushed to the limits due to previous life events. Give me broken characters. Give me irredeemable characters who are close to or have gone over the edge (just not with the actual edges sculpted onto them plsthx). Criminals do not form on their own, fam. Love yourselves.

tl;dr Crime RP <3 | Crime RP with edgelords 3[/align]

I'm also looking for plots of a more personal matter; forming relationships between characters that leads towards trust or hate, plots between them evolving naturally as opposed to being forced, character's pasts intertwining to further current events. Give me angst, fluff, and hijinks and I'm happy. While I do enjoy sending Lana out to taverns or giving her a day at and the beach or hot springs, heavy plots 100% my jam.

Possible connections:

Connections from Lana's distant past are a little tricky because of her personal plot/character arc, but for anyone who'd be down for some spoilers and dedicated to sharing their plots with her and and vice versa, go ahead and ask me about it! What I can tell you is that she grew up a street rat in Limsa and was forced to leave at the age of thirteen. As I briefly mentioned earlier, she did run with a mercenary company, though most might not consider using that specific term for a group of amoral bandits and thugs. Anything more than that would need to be worked out over PMs, just let me know if you're interested!

More recent contacts are pretty easy to form. Whether your character is a merchant who's seen or worked with her on legitimate business, a seafaring sort of any kind, an illicit contact who's used her services, or simply one who frequents taverns, tournaments, or brothels, they've probably seen my girl around. I'm always up for spontaneous RP on the spot but if you'd like to plan something more detailed, tell me!

If I haven't managed to lose you so far, I hope I've impressed you just a tiny bit. It's a little hard to keep track of multiple /tells in game, so I'd prefer it if you sent me a PM here if you're interested in getting our kiddos together or have any questions. Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you! If I didn't catch your eye, I hope you find some quality RP soon. <3

[/align]

I've only had a chance to RP with Lana once so far (and I'm looking to change that soon) BUT in just one session, it's so easy to see just how much thought and depth there is to this character! 

I can't wait to discover more through rp, and Rachel is just great to talk to, of course. >w> Don't miss out on some cool rp with her!

This is very well written and I like your character concept. A character that I can throw your way is Marigold. She's a rather complicated character to explain as she wouldn't see herself as a criminal (especially considering the FC she is a part of), but she as been around enough of criminals where they have changed her personality and views a bit. She isn't exactly the most emotionally stable character and her addict tendencies don't help.

As of right now, she is currently unavailable for RP due to an RP I recently had that has left her gravely wounded. However, when she is back on her feet, she is open to more connections. I just thought I'd go ahead and put a post up so you would have something to think about.

If you want to learn a bit more about her, I have her wiki linked in my signature. I should warn you that it needs to be updated, but it still gives you a fairly good idea of what she's like.

I've only had a chance to RP with Lana once so far (and I'm looking to change that soon) BUT in just one session, it's so easy to see just how much thought and depth there is to this character! 

I can't wait to discover more through rp, and Rachel is just great to talk to, of course. >w> Don't miss out on some cool rp with her!

Ahhh, thank you Shado!!

This write up is frankly amazing- I've been trying to find some time to sit down and actually shoot a reply since it was posted. I'll toss you a PM here shortly with some ideas and you can just tell me if anything tickles!

Thank you so much! I'll shoot you a response in just a sec!

This is very well written and I like your character concept. A character that I can throw your way is Marigold. She's a rather complicated character to explain as she wouldn't see herself as a criminal (especially considering the FC she is a part of), but she as been around enough of criminals where they have changed her personality and views a bit. She isn't exactly the most emotionally stable character and her addict tendencies don't help.

As of right now, she is currently unavailable for RP due to an RP I recently had that has left her gravely wounded. However, when she is back on her feet, she is open to more connections. I just thought I'd go ahead and put a post up so you would have something to think about.

If you want to learn a bit more about her, I have her wiki linked in my signature. I should warn you that it needs to be updated, but it still gives you a fairly good idea of what she's like.

Thank you! I'll definitely check her wiki out in the meantime. Go ahead and give me a poke once she's feeling better!