Your fav movies

28 Days Later! It's a teeny bit obscure' date=' I suppose. I don't know if your typical US citizen would have heard of it (heck, so many Brits havn't heard of it, and it's a British film), but zombie fans will love it![/quote']

You wound me Bex. 28 Days was better than 28 Weeks, but I watched them both. Bought the Soundtrack to Days the very next day and it's still one of my Favorite Driving CDs.

I'll let you accuse me of Wrong English, but I won't stand idly by at being called typical and ignorant of such a great piece of film.

P.S. Aluminium

I'll rattle off a list...

Dune & Children of Dune

Edward Scissorhands

Sin City

Crash

Things we Lost in the Fire

...and while it was a little cheesy and kind of predictable, I really liked Avatar.

Saw Avatar with my gf in 3-D. Amazing effects. We might be going to check it out again at the IMAX in 3-D.

I have a movie like that on my PC too. Donnie Darko has been sitting on my computer waiting to be watched for months now.

Also tack on Boondock Saints to the list. Although I haven't had a chance to see the sequel yet, the first one was great and I've heard really good things about All Saints Day.

Oh! I'm a movie nut.

Wait, there was a Children of Dune movie? I know there was a mini-series, but I don't think I'd have missed a movie. I actually haven't seen the mini-series. Did they wrap Dune Messiah into Children of Dune?

Blade Runner

Dark City

Braindead/Dead Alive

The Harder They Come

Dawn of the Dead (the original)

The Departed

Six String Samurai

Metropolis

Re-Animator

The Quick and the Dead (Sam Raimi's version)

Yes, the Children of Dune was actually a miniseries that aired several years ago on SciFi, but there is a DVD available and it plays out like a movie (albeit an extremely long one, for sure). It encompasses both the Dune Messiah and Children of Dune novels. There is a montage towards the end of the first 'chapter' that really stands out to me whereby a number of loose ends are tied up in the plot. I've always felt that it was excellently directed - particularly for a made-for-cable miniseries.

I should also point out that I'm a big fan of Star Trek - particularly Voyager, DS9, and TNG. Some may recognize that this character's namesake is a character from Voyager I had admired. Wiki had this to say about her: "Kes brings a great deal of joy to Voyager's crew. Her youthful exuberance, curiosity and compassion make her a favorite with the crew. Though young and in many ways naive, she has great presence of mind and resourcefulness." I am doubtful as to whether my FFXIV character will have similar personality traits, but I am leaning towards not.

I also like Star Wars, but could never choose to prefer it over Star Trek, or vice versa. I've avoided that debate. For me, both are unique and I have enjoyed both thoroughly and could not select a favorite.

haha me and my bf just got through watching all of the Star Trek Voyager episodes, we're about to start Deep Space Nine, and then finally get back to TNG (mostly bc those took the longest to download..)

Ok more movies;

The Dark Knight

Ever After

All of the Original Indiana Jones movies ( I hate Shiloh Bough? I dont care I didnt spell his name right, he's ruining the movie industry. *shudder*)

The Lord of the Rings movies (of course and yes i did read the books and sure some parts were butchered but i still loved them)

Slumdog Millionare

Serendipity

West Side Story

Gone in 60 seconds

V for Vendetta

The Princess Bride

And with that Ill stop, because, I really love most movies