[Short tale] Igni's Job

[align=center]The sun has barely risen over Ul'dah and one of many early birds were awake. Igni Quintessence awoke in her spacious room with a stretch. [/align]

[align=center]"Alright! Time to work!" her ever passionate attitude present as she got out of her covers. Igni is one of five sisters, loves training, collecting stuffed animals and has a secret talent for mixed drinks, cocktails and other alcoholic beverages. She hurried with cleaning herself up, brushing her semi-long red hair in place and wearing the usual garb of movers.[/align]

[align=center]With the final addition of a soft cap hat, Igni felt ready to take on the day! So she hurried down to the kitchen to find her sister, Wati, cooking a quick breakfast. "Good morning, sis!" Igni happily declared to Wati. The blue haired Au Ra maiden replied in a gentle tone "Morning Igni. Keiichi has yet to wake so get your fill first."[/align]

[align=center]Igni more than willingly took portions of the usual. Bacon, sausage, toast, fried egg, beans, half a tomato and some black pudding. It was what Igni needed with some coffee to make herself full and alert. After that, Igni would take the boxed meal that Wati also prepared and took off for the market rows.[/align]

[align=center]In Igni's job, she and a few other people were paid to help move cargo and wares from wagons and stalls for merchants. They each are called in a turn order that rotates unless others are not available. Igni placed her boxed meal in a sealed container where every worker checked in with the retainer so they wouldn't be stolen. [/align]

[align=center]The day worked simply as such. Igni was a signed to specific areas until big carriages pulled by chocobos would arrive. From there they are told to load or unload. Igni worked with much strength, showing her small size was capable of lifting large boxes meant for two, but she still needed help with anything heavy like tons of rocks and metal.[/align]

[align=center]Igni continued as per usual until...she felt someone take a pass and grabbed her ass. This was a semi-common occurance. Some of the workers found the way Igni's lower half looked to be appealing on it's own. She wore no different clothes from the rest but it really got onto her nerves. "Why isn't my boss doing anything?" she wondered as Igni confronted her boss.[/align]

[align=center]"Sir, they are at it again. They won't quit touching me inappropriately." Igni complained as her boss shrugged. "I told them to stop but I guess they need a talking to again." [/align]

[align=center]This was not working.[/align]

[align=center]Igni felt trapped. This was her only job and the only one she was good at. It made her uneasy that the guys were allowed to just harass her like that![/align]

[align=center]Lunch came and Igni found her usual spot occupied by those harassers. She tried heading for the quicksand when one of them stood before Igni. "Woah there! Where do you think you're goin'?" he asked. Igni scowled. "I'm going to eat my lunch in peace. Move aside."[/align]

[align=center]The coworker soon pinned her back on the wall. "Quit snitching on the boss already, you dumbass! Only reason you were hired was your strength, Marmor Brain." Igni felt weak at that moment but she was not taking it so willingly. "Just quit touching me! I don't want to hurt you." [/align]

[align=center]The men were not amused or scared. "Look out...the sister of that walking corpse might spit fire or...trip on her face." they laughed. Clearly having no respect for Igni as she left the area fast. "Hey red hair! You look better from behind anyways! Keep it up!'[/align]

[align=center]Stuff like this was on and off with Igni. She wanted another job...but what can she do? Quietly, Igni would cry quietly into her meal. She always endured this to see the only person who ignited her fire...[/align]

[align=center]Chiyo.[/align]

[align=center]She did this to make her family proud,[/align]

[align=center]To make money.[/align]

[align=center]To feel helpful.[/align]

[align=center]"...if I could...i would kill them..." Igni spitefully said quietly, as a faint spark emitted from her knuckles in a purple and black hue.[/align]