Does photoshop count?

(Uh hi welcome to the RPC? I didn't see an introduction thread! Haha...)

There are a few people who strictly Photoshop screenshots here! There's not really anything artistic wise that don't count as long as it's something you did! Haha.

Look forward to seeing more.

I'm a firm supporter of photoshop alterations and doing your own thing with screen shots and what not. Though there are one or two out there who don't think that way -I was subject to a little bit of scrutiny on that end- but that's ok! I can't really draw either so I just alter my screenshots with photoshop.

Something can be said for that. You've got to have an eye for composition when doing stuff with photoshop and that in itself, to me, is artistic. So keep on keepin' on!

want to say a big THANK YOU! for your tutorial! its the exact kinda thing ive been looking for! (also i wish my ropes didn't look so pixelated like your top SS><;) using your tutorial here's my first attempt:

uZEboZ5.jpg

Still much to learn and try but here's to hoping ^.-

want to say a big THANK YOU! for your tutorial! its the exact kinda thing ive been looking for! (also i wish my ropes didn't look so pixelated like your top SS><;) 

Still much to learn and try but here's to hoping ^.-

My ropes didn't look that good actually. I leave even more steps out of that tutorial than people realize. If you can go back, or next time, to that layer with the ropes go to the left and select the blur tool. Make you selection area 5 pixels or even less and simply blur the edges of the rope. Do so very carefully. You may even want to set the hardness of the blu effect to 40% so it takes several passes. You don't want to blur all of the rope, just the edges. I look at mine and I can see room for improvement still.

And thank you! I'm happy to hear you found it constructive.