Ravij's Ravaging Art (New: 04/26/16)

Loki

If I were to begin doing Commissions would you be interested?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. If I were to begin doing Commissions would you be interested?

• YES!
    • Nope.

Your art style is so cool! And I love your first three pictures, the second one made me laugh though. Ravi is super cute though.

The Elezan isn't R'avij. XP The elfie's name is Javou Kavriel D'avont. R'avij is actually a crazy homicidal Man'qote.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well it's still in WiP form. Need to clean it up during Line arting and then I'll decide if I want to color it or not. But we'll see!

I hope you do. Your lines are gorgeous though so it'll still be great if you decide not to color.

Well I've begun the line art and damn am I having problems with it.. The armor he's wearing is Herklaedi from Odin's Mantle purchase and it has a lot of minor details on it. I may end up editing the armor to be a bit more simple when I'm done with the entire line art.

Well I've begun the line art and damn am I having problems with it.. The armor he's wearing is Herklaedi from Odin's Mantle purchase and it has a lot of minor details on it. I may end up editing the armor to be a bit more simple when I'm done with the entire line art.

I just looked it up and wow there are a lot of tiny details all over it. I don't blame you for leaving a bit of it out. If I could draw that would be my worst nightmare.

That line art for the armor came out great! That photomanipulation looks really nice, I've thought about trying my hand at it before but I'm afraid it'll look too obvious. What you did looks natural.

It's actually very easy to photo manipulate in-game screenshots! I'd recommend using Photoshop for them because if you zoom in all the way it separates all the pixels into tiny squares so it's easy to select the color to blend in and make indents in the skin; like for the bite marks and claw dragged scars on his torso. You can't really see it but he has a clip in his upper ear cartilage too, and I added two sets of piercings to his left ear. The hair was a photoshop brush that was designed to work as hair in multiple strokes so another easy one there!

It's actually very easy to photo manipulate in-game screenshots! I'd recommend using Photoshop for them because if you zoom in all the way it separates all the pixels into tiny squares so it's easy to select the color to blend in and make indents in the skin; like for the bite marks and claw dragged scars on his torso. You can't really see it but he has a clip in his upper ear cartilage too, and I added two sets of piercings to his left ear. The hair was a photoshop brush that was designed to work as hair in multiple strokes so another easy one there!

Gosh I didn't even notice the hair! I had to go back and see what you were talking about. I can't really see the ear but the scars and everything else look great. The most editing I've done to a screenshot is this:

Tr8Sies.png

But that's nothing like what you've done. Do you use a special brush for the scars too? Or was that a regular brush and talent? I have photoshop and I'm decent with it, I've done a lot of work with GIFs and editing those.

Gosh I didn't even notice the hair! I had to go back and see what you were talking about. I can't really see the ear but the scars and everything else look great. The most editing I've done to a screenshot is this:

Tr8Sies.png

But that's nothing like what you've done. Do you use a special brush for the scars too? Or was that a regular brush and talent? I have photoshop and I'm decent with it, I've done a lot of work with GIFs and editing those.

The scars were all done with a regular circle brush of varying sizes. Used a 1 or 2 pixel size for the small scratch scars, and maybe a 5 or bigger size brush for the claw/teeth scars.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

AH! Suddenly inspiration struck me 30 minutes or so ago and I had to jot down this:

qxwYXzV.png

One of my future Au Ra's.. or a work in progress of him anyway.. Proportions askew aside; I didn't have any Au Ra references so I kind of just winged it @_@.. I need to find some references for them and fix some things and wait for them to release an Au Ra character benchmark to finalize the design!