*reappears*

Hi!

Some of you might remember me from way back in the day when I helped put the RPC wiki together with some CSS changes (that have thankfully been improved upon :) ) along with a lot of the category structure and some fancy auto-categorizing templates. I ended up dropping out of existence due to some RL issues, a crispy motherboard, and the... troubles of version 1.0. Once I got everything put back together, I then drifted into some other games (SW:TOR as Lyrial, TSW as Kaelana, EQ2 as Faerlira, etc.), but never really found a home.

I'm back because I'm really excited about ARR coming out. It seems to address all of the issues I had with 1.0, and with the new launch comes an opportunity to get involved in the RP community again.

A bit about me:

• MMORPG background: I've played and RPed in tons of things: MUSHes (DarkMetal and Children of the Moon), EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, City of Heroes (probably my longest running game, where I ran the New Porter Institute for Psychical Research SG on Virtue), Champions Online, SW:TOR, The Secret World, and even a little bit of FFXIV 1.0.

• RP experience: I've RPed in every MMO I've played. Outside of that, I've been playing tabletop RPGs for about 20 years and LARPing (social LARPs, mind you, not foam/rattan combat LARPs) for about 16. (Damn, I'm old.)

• Character ideas/info: I've got an idea for a cold sellsword who likes fighting and believes in racial superiority, and a wide-eyed ingénue who's trying to explore the far reaches of magic theory.

• How did you learn about the coalition? Found it on a web search years ago. :) I always look for RP groups before joining an MMO.

• What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy? Oh, heavy, definitely. I'm basically always IC in game unless otherwise noted. I'm in the game for the RP, though preferably that RP comes with IC adventures and from character interactions, not necessarily from scripted plots.

Hi!

Some of you might remember me from way back in the day when I helped put the RPC wiki together with some CSS changes (that have thankfully been improved upon :) ) along with a lot of the category structure and some fancy auto-categorizing templates. I ended up dropping out of existence due to some RL issues, a crispy motherboard, and the... troubles of version 1.0. Once I got everything put back together, I then drifted into some other games (SW:TOR as Lyrial, TSW as Kaelana, EQ2 as Faerlira, etc.), but never really found a home.

I'm back because I'm really excited about ARR coming out. It seems to address all of the issues I had with 1.0, and with the new launch comes an opportunity to get involved in the RP community again.

A bit about me:

• MMORPG background: I've played and RPed in tons of things: MUSHes (DarkMetal and Children of the Moon), EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, City of Heroes (probably my longest running game, where I ran the New Porter Institute for Psychical Research SG on Virtue), Champions Online, SW:TOR, The Secret World, and even a little bit of FFXIV 1.0.

• RP experience: I've RPed in every MMO I've played. Outside of that, I've been playing tabletop RPGs for about 20 years and LARPing (social LARPs, mind you, not foam/rattan combat LARPs) for about 16. (Damn, I'm old.)

• Character ideas/info: I've got an idea for a cold sellsword who likes fighting and believes in racial superiority, and a wide-eyed ingénue who's trying to explore the far reaches of magic theory.

• How did you learn about the coalition? Found it on a web search years ago. :) I always look for RP groups before joining an MMO.

• What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy? Oh, heavy, definitely. I'm basically always IC in game unless otherwise noted. I'm in the game for the RP, though preferably that RP comes with IC adventures and from character interactions, not necessarily from scripted plots.

Welcome back from one old man to another.

WHAT SERVER WERE YOU ON IN EARTH AND BEYOND?!

Uh... sorry, I got a little excited there. E&B was my first MMO, and I kind of have a soft spot for it still. I'm still pissed at EA for swallowing Westwood Studios and running that game into the ground. I was on Galileo server, and RP'd when I could find it. It was a lot of fun playing a space miner/trucker.

WHAT SERVER WERE YOU ON IN EARTH AND BEYOND?!

Uh... sorry, I got a little excited there. E&B was my first MMO, and I kind of have a soft spot for it still. I'm still pissed at EA for swallowing Westwood Studios and running that game into the ground. I was on Galileo server, and RP'd when I could find it. It was a lot of fun playing a space miner/trucker.

I think I was on Pegasus, but it's been a while. I played Rylen Masterson, a Terran Enforcer who took contracts defending caravans and who, as possibly the only Terran using beam weapons, acted as a tank for those squishy Jen'quai. I even wrote a translator program for the funky alien-speak once we figured it all out on the forums.

I still feel burned about the game, too. It had a lot of potential if they'd just added more content at the high end, but EA decided to gut the live team, further demonstrating how much they like to run MMOs into the ground (*eyes SW:TOR*).

RP experience: I've RPed in every MMO I've played. Outside of that, I've been playing tabletop RPGs for about 20 years and LARPing (social LARPs, mind you, not foam/rattan combat LARPs) for about 16. (Damn, I'm old.)

Don't feel bad. Many of us have similar backgrounds! (and are also perhaps a bit old -.- )

Welcome to the RPC!! :tonberry:

Oh man, I was Velvetine on Galileo. Jen'quai Exploder, and hippie space miner aboard the ship All Tomorrow's Parties. I kind of miss mining zen. It was really relaxing to just find some asteroid field out somewhere in the solar system and just collect rocks or whatever.