Newsletter

I just received the FFXIV ARR newsletter and I found something interesting inside.

More than two years have passed since the decision was made to replace FINAL FANTASY XIV (hereafter referred to as Version 1.0) with an entirely new game, and we are pleased to inform you of the upcoming release of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

About FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (hereafter referred to as FFXIV: ARR) features an all new game engine, server structure, battle system, user interface, and a completely redesigned world. Now that development is nearly complete, official service will begin on August 27, 2013.

All players who purchased Version 1.0 will be able to download the client for FFXIV: ARR free of charge. For more information on the various changes in FFXIV: ARR, please proceed to the official website.

[align=center]FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Site (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ )[/align]

Beta Testing

FFXIV: ARR is currently in the beta testing stage, with plans to begin the third phase of testing on June 14, 2013. All players who hold a service account from Version 1.0 have been granted access to the beta test.

We welcome all players from Version 1.0 to download the beta client and see the myriad changes in FFXIV: ARR.

* Additional information regarding how to participate in the beta test will be sent at a later date.

The Lodestone

After phase 3 begins on June 14, 2013, players will also be granted access to The Lodestone regardless of service account status.

Players can use the Lodestone to determine the world their Version 1.0 character has been transferred to, as well as check the status of former linkshells and contact friends from Version 1.0.

Transitioning to FFXIV: ARR from Version 1.0

For those interested in playing FFXIV: ARR, information regarding the transition from Version 1.0, including the establishment of regional data centers, has been compiled on the Lodestone.

Please review the details of the new regional data centers and world transfers.

Furthermore, a two week "Welcome Back Campaign" will be held following the start of official service, allowing players from Version 1.0 to enjoy FFXIV: ARR free of charge for a limited time. We hope you will take this opportunity to play the game and experience FFXIV: ARR.

Version 1.0 did not meet the high standards expected of a FINAL FANTASY title, and for that we offer our sincerest apologies. We will continue to work together with the FFXIV: ARR community to ensure a high quality gaming experience in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bolded, Italicised, and underlined! So does that mean that ALL 1.0 players are granted access into the next beta test this weekend?

I wonder when early access for preorders will start... :/

If I had to put money on it, in the gap between Phase 4 and the release, the only other time I could see would be between 3 and 4, but I don't think they'd put up the pre-order bonus between test phases. Lure in the people who haven't had the chance to experience it with the 4th phase beta, reap the pre-orders and then reward them the week previous to release? I'd think the weekend before plus a couple days, they seem to favor the weekends for the Beta (and rightly so), I would guess that they'd continue with that pattern.

If I had to put money on it, in the gap between Phase 4 and the release, the only other time I could see would be between 3 and 4, but I don't think they'd put up the pre-order bonus between test phases. Lure in the people who haven't had the chance to experience it with the 4th phase beta, reap the pre-orders and then reward them the week previous to release? I'd think the weekend before plus a couple days, they seem to favor the weekends for the Beta (and rightly so), I would guess that they'd continue with that pattern.

Too far awaaaaay ;_; I need a new rp scene

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21

Walk lightly and carry a big stick, or a little one... Gerik will likely play with it either way.

Pssst! There should be no wipes for phase 4, meaning all character progress will carry over, meaning there's no reason not to roleplay. It's also open beta, meaning everyone who applies gets in. Early access is just 'you get to play even in the gap between phase 4 and launch'.