Summoner, Arcanist, Scholar!

I'm losing my shit. I have no doubt that I will be playing all three right away.

They all seem to be some kind of pet class, but it almost seems like Summoner and Scholar concentrate on different things. Maybe Summoner is damage and Scholar is healing? Thoughts?

You're right. The differences were mentioned in the Live Letter, but it goes like this:

Arcanist has Carbuncle, and Carbuncle can take on different roles in battle.

Summoner has "egi"s, diluted forms of the Primals, each of which has different roles in battle. For example, Titan-egi would tank, Ifrit-egi might melee, and Garuda-egi might spellcast.

Scholar has a fairy, which assists in its Scholar's different spells and can change form slightly. Scholar was described as having whole-party buffs/healing such as Regen, as opposed to White Mage which has mostly single-target, high-intensity healing spells.

In-character, Kannadi will definitely head for Scholar, though she'll probably take exception to the exposed thighs...

The Egi don't look quite the way I imagined: I suppose I was hoping they'd look exactly like their Primal, except miniaturized. Still excited for Arcanist and both roles, though!

I really hope they make Leviathan and Fenrir epic-looking...

The Egi don't look quite the way I imagined: I suppose I was hoping they'd look exactly like their Primal, except miniaturized. Still excited for Arcanist and both roles, though!

I really hope they make Leviathan and Fenrir epic-looking...

ODIN-EGI. 

Also, silly question, but how is that pronounced? Egg-eye? Eggy? Eh-guy? I hate some of the words they come up with.