It's been a while... :)

Zyanya

Hello, RPC. My, how you've grown! It's been a few years.

Some of you *might* remember me from release days. I decided to depart from the game only a few months in and honestly never had a chance to know many from the community. Well, I thought I'd stick my head in to see what all of the raucous is about ARR. :)

There have been a lot of huge, life changes for me since I left. Let's see if I can summarize for your reading enjoyment!

First, I got a giant, surprise bomb dropped on me. :bomb:

Then, I separated from my husband of 13 years and moved back to my home country (US). :cactuar:

Then, I went through the necessary grieving :frustrated: and healing :love: stages.

Then, I accepted that Fate (or God or the Universe or whatever you believe in) was sending me a message to let go and start over. :tonberry:

I haven't been playing anything really since I left FFXIV and I'm still on the fence whether I will return, but I'm thinking about it. Work keeps me at such a casual pace I usually don't last very long or get involved enough to make lasting bonds with others. When you want to RP the lack of time doesn't really work in your favor.

Since leaving the UK I've not only lost my accent and my penchant for spelling with u's and s's, I also lost my original copy of the game and my token (trying to get things sorted with that). I'm scouring the various community sites to get news on updates and changes so I'll try not to be a noob and ask a bunch here. I'll go read first, then come back and ask. :thumbsup:

Hope you are all doing well!

X

*waves*

This is a very honest and heartfelt introduction. Welcome!

I share your frustration of limited game time. When the kids are rping til the wee hours (3 or 4) and I had to bow out at midnight so I'm not a complete zombie at work the next day, I'm all like... durn.

Sometimes I get very crotchety and let fly a 'double durn!'

Even with limited playtime, I've managed to make friendships in other games tho, and the crowd here seems very nice. I can't wait to meet them!

Kupo!!

Then, I separated from my husband of 13 years and moved back to my home country (US). cactuar.gif

Then, I went through the necessary grieving frustrated.gif and healing heart.gif stages.

Then, I accepted that Fate (or God or the Universe or whatever you believe in) was sending me a message to let go and start over. tonberry.gif

That sounds familiar. I went through the same thing last year (relationship of 12 years, marriage of 8). I'm glad to hear that you're recovering. I moved from CA to AR though, not as big of a jump as across the pond.

Anyway, Welcome back!