New and saying hello!

Introductions:

Hey everyone, my real name is Lawrence and I am VERY excited to be a part of this community now and especially looking forward to ARR!

MMORPG background:

Well, I have played plenty of mmorpgs. WoW, Tera and many many more. Most of which are bland and do nothing for me except fill my hours with something to do. I played FFXI a little bit, but sadly, I was unable to get into it due to the fact I was playing it without friends and I was busy during my life at that time.

RP Experience:

My RP experience all started on a website call Gaia! I am shameful to say I loved that site, but oh well. There were forums in which you create a character and the OP sets the stage and set, and it was just a text based RP between random people. It was pretty fun but I spent a lot of my focus and time on that for about a year. I tried RP'ing in WoW but I felt like the environments and everything was a little lacking and uninspiring! I am now SUPER excited to start RP in this realm!

Character Ideas

I am planning on making a female Reogadyn Hellsguard. She is going to be a blacksmith and a mercenary (like the rest of her clan). She has had a bad past with her father specifically thus leading her to travel alone at a young age and abandoning trust in her fellow Reogadyn. She has been known to stare into a fire for hours with a look of longing in her eyes. She is very secretive and takes a while to open to people, but that's all she wished for despite her standoffish personality.

How did you learn about the coalition?

I googled FF14 RP =D

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

In most aspects I prefer to be a Heavy Role player, but I really do want to enjoy the game itself and get further in it. It's why I am making her a mercenary despite the fact Hellsguard typically do that anyway.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? 

Well, I don't really know what to say, but I guess I will start with important things. When I was 16 I found (online -.-) a man and attempted to date him. *Cough* He is 11 years older than me *Cough*. Everything was fine though and nothing illegal! I lived in TX around this time and ended up moving with him when I was 19 up to Maryland. We still live together and are planning on getting engaged and having kids soon within the next 4 years.

I am very artistic and love making/playing/listening to music.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fire_Olive Character rough draft profile.

P.S.: Again, I am very happy to be here! Hello everyone! =D

P.S.S.: What classes mix well with Hellsguard besides melee? Do they really do magic? From what I read they might be able to, but idk. lol

Hey Fire, welcome!

As a newbie to this site myself, it's nice to see an ever-growing number of us. And another person playing a Roegadyn is great!

You should check out the character wikis and make one up for Fire Olive. Give us some "non-classified" info about her and get to know other people's characters.

Welcome to the RPC :D I love how enthusiastic you are and I hope you have a lot of fun here.

Also, while I don't know too much about the Hellsguard in particular, if you take into account the "stats" relative to OOC play they would be capable in magic (better at it than the Sea Wolves).

Ahh, I have read that they are capable in magic, but was unsure if they were potent in it at all. Based on the story of my character being uneducated, is magic even possible? I am unsure it it takes much time of study to be able to pull these things off.

In my head I want her to be a brutal warrior, but with a black mage sub of intense fire spells. (Idk if you can even sub job in this game though I am assuming you can!)