Experiments and Assassinations (Caragai Goronas' Journal)

Day 738

I have returned to Gridania.  I never thought I would after all these years.  My parting with father did not end well, but part of me wishes to see how he is doing.

Acquisition of my high risk materials has come at a slower pace due to quite a number of law changes in Limsa.  A shame, but I will make do.  In the interim I have found a place where I can do my research in peace.  I shan't list it here in fear of what may happen, but needless to say, it has much of what I need.

For now, I resign myself to gathering information on what has changed in the years I have been gone.  I shall start at the Caroline Canopy.  Mother Miounne has her ear to the ground, and I am certain I can gain some useful information.  Now where to get my hands on some back eels for her famous pies ...

Edited by Caragai Goronas

Day 739

I find myself without a means of transportation besides my own legs.  The aetherytes are something I wish to not use as much as I can, so I was thinking about what my master told me in regards to another magitek device called a deathclaw.

Normally used for such work as loading magitek cannons, I do believe I could modify the grabbing and propulsion systems to carry me where I need to go.  The problem will be steering, as I feel it will need to have some attachment to me as a guidance system.

Of course, all that will not matter unless I get my hands on such a thing in the first place.  Cape Westwind is the largest imperial complex I can think of, so I will search around there.

Day 741

My father bought me a chocobo.  I ... am not sure what to do with it.  It isn't as if I don't like the creature.  It is just too ... basic.  Perhaps I can find a way to augment it at a later date.  For now, I will keep it stabled with the others in Gridania.

I have learned more about this object called materia.  I do not recall ever coming across it before in my travels, though apparently a kobold of all creatures had knowledge on it.  Well, I took such knowledge for my own, and will see if it is something else I can use in my experiments.

For now, I must rest.  I needed to use the aetherytes to travel to certain areas and I am feeling quite ill.  But I cannot rest long.  Science never waits.

A new page is written on, but there is no date on it.  Wet marks show in tiny droplets covering some of the ink, smearing what is written there.

"I do not believe that .. that woman!  How dare she touch Master Yadoya so.  And she is an unmarried woman!  And then ... and then she had the gall to threaten me!  In front of Master Yadoya!"

"I just ... no ... he is mine.  She isn't good enough for him.  I'm the one who works day and night for him.  I bring him tea and am ready to help whenever he needs someone brought to his office."

"I'll show her ... I'll show everyone I am not afraid!  I won't let them see my cry.  I won't lose him like I lost Captain Druthers."

"Stupid woman."

Some days later, in the quiet FC house

Caragai stood in the laboratory, the sounds of the machinery calming him. The past few days were very stressful. Learning Master Yadoya was with another miqo'te ... that Felix was sending Master Yadoya gifts of clothes ... it was not right. It was improper of them to do such a thing Stepping down the hall and towards the medi-lab, he was happy for the quiet around him. It was a day where most were out doing other things, leaving him the chance to ..... take out some aggression.

Muffled sounds could be heard from the medi-lab as Caragai stepped in. He smiled at the tied up and gagged miqo'te on the bed. Putting a finger to his lips, Caragai bade the miqo'te to be quiet as he moved to the side of the bed.  "Now now, let us not make a scene, hm? What do you think would happen .... you watching and talking and .... following MY Master Yadoya?"   Caragai slowly reaches over to the tray next tot he bed, and the tied miqo'te's eyes widen in fear .... watching as Caragai picked up a glinting object.  "I do so love the ease of control with this scalpel. The blade is slightly flexible, and the handle fits so well in my hand."

The tied miqo'te screamed behind the gag in his mouth, struggling against the restraints. Caragai tutted, and with a quick movement of his magitek-enhanced left arm, slapped the other miqo'te hard across the face.  "QUIET!" he bellowed "You brought this on yourself .... you will PAY for it. He is MINE!" leaning over, Caragai laid the tip of the scalpel against the face of the bound miqo'te, dragging it ever so slowly along his jawline.

"Time for my experimentation. Let us see how well your flesh .... fillets under my guidance. Don't worry, I won't kill you. Maybe. Or I might ..." Hideous laughter fills the medi-lab as muffled screams echo close behind.