For Love of the Moon - Quest - Au Ra Lore Transcript

I assumed this would be helpful for anyone who is roleplaying Au Ra; specifically the Xaela. This is the transcript, word for word from the scene provided to your character by the Elder of the Oronir tribe. If this is a large part of the "CREATION OF ALL AU RA" lore, so have at! Please let me know if this is not the place for it as well. I will gladly relocate. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

[ Hien ]

How this world born of the gods was to be their battlefield, their creations to fight in their stead.

How Azim, Father of the Dawn, he who birthed the sun, and Nhaama, Mother of the Dusk, she who birthed the moon, made the Au Ra...

Yet though these children warred for a time, eventually they laid down their arms and came to love one another. And so the gods bequeathed this world to their children, and ascended to the heavens whence they came.

Those born of the Dawn Father were called the Raen, and those born of the Dusk Mother were called the Xaela. So it was and ever after.

[ Udutai ]

But what it does not mention is this: Azim and Nhaama were lovers.

Oh, they fought in the beginning, as did their creations. That much is true. But when they saw how the Xaela and the Raen rose above their hatreds and joined hands in harmony, their hearts stirred, and the love their children shared became theirs as well.

Alas, he was of the sun and she of the moon. Apart they must remain, lest day and night cease to be, and with them all creation.

With sadness in their hearts they returned to heavens-- he to the day, she to the night, destined to walk before and after, never to meet.

As time passed, Azim's yearning for his beloved grew deeper still. Was there truly naught that could be done, he wondered. At last, he knew.

"If the Father cannot be with the Mother, then he shall go amongst her children. Now and ever after."

So it was, that Azim took a fragment of his being and with it fashioned an avatar. Clad in scale of midnight, he descended, and sought out the Xaela.

Yea, he was the first Oronir. We are of his flesh and his blood. We are the children of Azim, and it is our duty to watch over and keep the Xaela safe.

[ Hien ]

... I confess, I did not expect the tale of your people's beginnings to be quite so romantic.
Yet I must ask: if it is your duty to defend the Xaela, how can you go to war with them in the Naadam? Is that not a contradiction?

[ Udutai ]

If a father disciplines his son, does that mean there is no love in his heart? Xaela are not wont to kneel. They must be made to -- only then will they heed reason.

[ Hien ]

I see... Such is the way of the Steppe.
Thank you, elder, for sharing with us your wisdom.

[ Udutai ]

Eager to depart? Ere you go, you would do well to hear the end of my tale.

When Nhaama looked down and saw the avatar of Azim, she knew him at once, and shed tears of love and longing.

When they struck the earth, they rose anew, as a counterpart to the Oronir. Their fates entwined.

So you see, for every son of Azim is a daughter of Nhaama for whom he must search. Even now.

Edited by bonkmonster