WTB <Insert Furnishing here>

Hello everyone!

This is kind of a semi-rant/wish list for furnishings that I think need to be (and surprised they aren't) in the game, but aren't. CONSIDER THIS MY PETITION TO SE!

Anyroad, let's get this list started!

1. - Weapon Racks/Armor Stands - This one has boggled me ever since housing came out. Every RPG (mostly solo play games) have some form of this if there is existing housing available in said game. I find it very hard to believe that SE hasn't thought of this one yet, and I find it surprising that when they had the furnishing design contest NO ONE thought to suggest it! By the time I heard about the contest, it was already over, sadly. Even if it has a default armor/weapon(s) attached to them, I'd be fine with that, but I'd be even better with racks that you can equip weapons/armor to, in order to display your favorite models. This is something that should've been implemented a long time ago, imho. I mean, come on, they have the Hingan Armor Display and the Kotetsu Replica. I don't know how it just didn't click right then and there.

2. - Indoor Target Dummies - We have them outside, so how come we can't have them inside? I understand the whole concept of not being able to bring outdoor furnishings inside and vice versa, so SE would likely have to create duplicate indoor versions. However, I don't think that would be very hard to implement. Besides, I think the need for them is higher with SB out. I'm sure some folks out there have created their own Dojo by now (heck, I had one before even HW came out), and it'd be that much more complete with some target dummies, maybe like the ones you see in Kung Fu Panda. This also kind of ties into my first item, which can also be used in a Dojo.

3. - Shower Drains - How many of you have built a shower in your house/apartment, and people wanna know where the water goes? Problem solved. And it would provide some extra love to the Rugs category, which is the least diversified list among all furnishing types. Not saying there isn't a way to simulate one. There might be! I just haven't found a suitable way yet.

Anyway, that's my list so far. What kinds of furnishings would -you- like to see SE implement, especially things you think should've been put in a LONG time ago, or things you're surprised to not see in game already?

Edit: You're also possibly wondering why I'm not posting this on the Lodestone forums. For one, last time I tried to post anything there, it was slow, the character selection process was confusing, and sometimes didn't work at all. If someone wants to copy/paste the items found on this thread over to the Lodestone forum, feel free! For now, it's really just a discussion.

Edited by Suko'to

I know it's a lame reason to be drawn into a game, but the housing is what drove me to FFXIV over other MMOs. Got my apartment a couple weeks ago, just started taking the furnishing seriously. (Cant wait to own an actual house though! On Balmung so that might be awhile but hey.) I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted my room to be like and a weapon stand, armor stand, AND target dummy were all involved, yeah. It was just a given in my head that it would be a thing, so I'm really surprised that none of them were :/ . 

I'd like more wall-mounted pictures and posters that aren't just paintings of scenery or lore characters that MY character wouldn't care much about. I imagine Aeva's room being a ton of Far Eastern oriented stuff, a small kitchen, and a bunch of personal items that either have sentimental value or is just stuff she would enjoy. Making it have an oriental feel has been pretty easy and I think I can fit the mini-kitchen in when I get gil. (Oh my god I literally have 3k gil and my place isn't even half furnished, I'm broke lmao), but looking at all the available items online it's hard to find things that would fit what my character would consider personal. I've found pretty much 3 items that fit. A stuffed fish from a fishing trip, a painting of her home city, and a scroll with the doman character "jin", meaning "man". It's the mudra she's currently having trouble getting the hang of when it comes to her ninjutsu, and to be fair I was pleasantly surprised to find the scroll had the exact same character as the mudra she doesn't know yet ICly. 

Despite those three things though I have a feeling the walls are going to be rather empty. If I could fill them with posters of various things I'm sure it'd help a lot. The one poster I found that actually like, and one I think Aeva would keep just so happens to be seasonal.

Edited by Aeva Nyuko

Not a lame reason at all! Despite the system put in place, I think housing is very appealing to a lot of people. Sure, it's close to impossible to get one, especially on a server like Balmung, but I also think that helps people to appreciate them more if they -do- get one. You're also at a good time when that first wave of inactives are hitting the 45 day mark, so it's possible to get one, just have to be willing to fight for it a little bit. Or get lucky.

Anyway yes! I would definitely agree that the game needs more Wall-mounted items. My medium is a man cave, I call it the Baer Cave because my character's name is Baergrim. It definitely needs more trophies, and it's kind of difficult to fill it up with them when you can only have one of each kind of wall trophy. I'd love to do his beerhall with a bunch of Behemoth wall trophies. Definitely makes little sense to have only one of those. It's not like there's only one behemoth in the world. Wall and floor items have definitely seen the least love among the furnishing lists.

17 hours ago, Suko'to said:

1. - Weapon Racks/Armor Stands - This one has boggled me ever since housing came out. Every RPG (mostly solo play games) have some form of this if there is existing housing available in said game. I find it very hard to believe that SE hasn't thought of this one yet, and I find it surprising that when they had the furnishing design contest NO ONE thought to suggest it! By the time I heard about the contest, it was already over, sadly. Even if it has a default armor/weapon(s) attached to them, I'd be fine with that, but I'd be even better with racks that you can equip weapons/armor to, in order to display your favorite models. This is something that should've been implemented a long time ago, imho. I mean, come on, they have the Hingan Armor Display and the Kotetsu Replica. I don't know how it just didn't click right then and there.

This is probably the big one for me. Of course, this could be because I'm biased as someone RPing an armorsmith... but it's really hard to have a solid "store front" for your job when there's no way to show your work. Really, more of the shop-based items you can even just see around the towns and stuff would be really nice to have.

Other than that? Maybe a way to put screenshots or something into the picture frames? That way if you have a character with family or friends or something, you can take pictures of them and hang them up in your place! Or take some scenic shots yourself that could rival the paintings you get so far.

Oh, and probably more Magitek-related things for those who want to look like they're into the (comparatively) high tech scene without having to cobble furniture together to give the appearance of a Magitek device.

14 hours ago, Gegenji said:

This is probably the big one for me. Of course, this could be because I'm biased as someone RPing an armorsmith... but it's really hard to have a solid "store front" for your job when there's no way to show your work. Really, more of the shop-based items you can even just see around the towns and stuff would be really nice to have.

Other than that? Maybe a way to put screenshots or something into the picture frames? That way if you have a character with family or friends or something, you can take pictures of them and hang them up in your place! Or take some scenic shots yourself that could rival the paintings you get so far.

Oh, and probably more Magitek-related things for those who want to look like they're into the (comparatively) high tech scene without having to cobble furniture together to give the appearance of a Magitek device.

Even for non-armorers. There's Dojos and also people who might just like -collecting- weapons and armor. *looks at his Highlander* Totally agree though. Your first idea is also a great one! I never even thought of that one. And yes, moar Magitek stuff. One of my other characters has a laboratory, which I had to create using different combined pieces of furniture, and with some inspiration from Housing Snap. Just for him alone, I would love more Magitek, or even Allagan tech. :3