Backstory help: Keeper of the Moon from Othard?

I'm playing a Keeper (white mage main, ninja secondary), and I love her to bits. I'm hoping to rp her and I would like some help/advice on creating her backstory. I love the Othard region even though I only recently unlocked the region and I'm hoping to merge that into her character.

My idea for a backstory is as follows, seeing as there are currently no signs of any Miqo'te in Othard:

She is born to a wandering Miqo'te conjurer from the Black Shroud. Her mother followed in the footsteps of A-Towa-Cant, but instead of going around Eorzea, decided to travel further, eventually arriving in Othard. It was there that she met my character's father, another Miqo'te traveller/adventurer. My character was thus born.

Following that, I'm thinking that she loses her parents/family somehow and that's how she started adventuring. My idea is that either both her parents briefly returned to the Black Shroud sometime before the Calamity but they both lost their lives during the Battle of Carteneau, or they lost their lives trying to help the Domans who were trying to take back Doma, or even earlier when they were resisting the Garlean invasion. 

Does that work?

Given how Male Keepers work, I think that story is good enough. Honestly how your parents met probably isn't going to be asked as often as where you're from, anyway.

Your choice of how they died probably is more about when you began adventuring than anything else. Since obviously if they died at Carteneau you probably began adventuring at the start of 2.0, or even during the interlude between 1.0 and 2.0. Otherwise if they died during the Doman liberation attempt, you likely came to Eorzea late in the 2.0 cycle, possibly as one of Lady Yugiri's refugees. If they died 25 years ago during the first invasion of Doma, well then you have a pretty sizable area where you could have come to Eorzea, even pre-Calamity.

There's also a fourth option you didn't mention, or maybe implied, where they traveled to Eorzea and died at Carteneau while you remained behind in Doma.