Blades of Nald'thal

[align=center]u0i9pla.png

[/align]

[align=center]"Look to those who walked before to lead those who walk after."[/align]

Leaders/Recruiters

Razeiel Venaire (GM)

Ashren Snow (Former)

Kaln Tia (Officer)

Mission Statement

The Blades of Nald'thal are a secretive organization that has existed in the shadows of Eorzea since the Sixth Umbral Era. They have lived in relative silence for over 1,500 years, pursuing their own shadowy agendas, though now during a new Umbral Era they have regained their original purpose as arbiters of their own brand of dark justice.

They are a mixture of many things; Knights, assassins, vigilantes, or even scientists or craftsmen. Each member has their own reasons for joining, and each one follows their own agenda individually but the organization of the Blades gives them the tools and the teamwork needed to achieve greater things.

If you're interested in clandestine type stories, or Role-Playing as an Antihero then this is the group for you! While not limited to, the Blades of Nald'thal are primarily a dark themed RP group involving combat and espionage. Be warned however that they are somewhat of a paramilitary organization and follow a strict ranking system and chain of command.

Headquarters

Somewhere in Ul'dah.

Application Criteria

• All applicants must be 18 or over, or at least have the maturity of an adult.
  • I request that you plan on being active regularly within the group. This means attending meetings, events, and taking part in some of the regular activities we have planned.
  • Currently I'm setting a level requirement of 10 for all applications. I am willing to relax on this requirement if we have spoken in length prior to you requesting an invite.
  • Official recruitment in game will be done in character. This is so that your introduction into the organization feels organic and I can get a feel for your roleplay style.
  • Despite the above there will be an informal OOC interview as well.
  • All applicants are required to check our site and apply there if they are interested.

Recruitment

If you're interested in joining the ranks of the Blades then please feel free to contact any of the individuals listed above under Leaders and Recruiters, or visit our recruitment page here.

Features

VoIP: Yes

Housing: TBA

Raid Group: Yes

PvP Group: TBA

Content

• PvP: We will be organizing a group of people who are interested in doing PvP, whether it be the Coliseum or the Frontline battles. If you are interested in being a part of this please be sure to let us know.
  • PvE: There is a lot of different types of PvE content in ARR, from small 4 person dungeons, to open world FATES, or even the massive 24 person raids. We would like to tackle as much of this as we can, whether it be farming FATEs for seals and gear, running Primal Battles, or attempting to organize runs into the Crystal Tower.
  • Mentor System: Some of us are very informed in the lore and game mechanics for Eorzea and ARR. Because of this I will be setting up a mentor system, not only for helping players through the game and getting into character, as well as having all new members to the group be sponsored by a vet member, in order to teach them the ropes.
  • Roleplay: The meat and potatoes of the group, we are an RP LS/FC and will do a lot of things together IC. This includes any of the above activities, but we will also be running events for our members, or working with other groups for collaborative events as well.
  • Note: All of the above activities are voluntary and are opt-in. If you do not wish to do PvP, or end game content, you are not required to do so in order to join us.

Please not that while we do have an OOC LS that anyone can join, if you wish to join us in RP you must join our FC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the whole endgame thing mandatory?

At first glance, it would seem to be perfect for my legacy vigilante main, but I was never much of an endgame gamer.

Not at all, if you were interested in joining us our members get priority positions in raids or PvP groups before we go with PUGs or the Duty Finder, but no one is required to join them. All it means is that some of us are interested in endgame content so if there are other people who are looking for a LS/FC where they can RP and do that sort of thing we will accommodate them. If you'd like to join purely for the RP you're more than welcome to, and if you decide later on you'd like to try getting into endgame you're also welcome to that.

Okay, I guess the app criterias might be a little misleading then. ^^;

I'll look you up!

I'm gonna have to edit the app criteria because it is kind of poorly worded. The whole requesting you progress was because in the past we've had people who would join and then just kind of sit at level 1 - 10 and never really do anything. While I have no problem with people pacing themselves as they level and enjoying RP as much as they enjoy playing the game, I'd rather have members who are still able to contribute to the group as a whole, especially with so many things that they've talked about already that require cooperation of the whole FC, the most notable being Housing.

That or having people make alts, ask to have the alt invited, and then never playing said alt. I'm kind of OCD so having all these characters in a group that say like "Last online 6 months ago" always kind of bothered me. I know a lot of guilds do it to boost their numbers, but I'd have have dedicated and active members than a hundred members with 90% of them being level 1.

Defintiely interested, possibly just the Linkshell at first (as a "contact" or "prospective member" who got separated by the time jump... my character stayed behind!).

We'd have to discuss possibilities.

That can definitely be arranged! Contact me via PM, or if you'd prefer you can message me on skype. Let me know how you want to proceed and I'll contact you with the details.

The Blades of Nald'thal are now open for recruitment and seeking new members. We're looking for people who are interested in getting into the darker themes of RP, playing characters who don't abide by the social norms when it comes to doing what is right, who are morally ambiguous. Whether you are experienced, inexperienced, old, or new to the game we welcome any interested players to our dark order of nefarious knights.

What you can expect:

• Paramilitary organization
  • Bi-weekly group meetings and organized RP
  • Division based RP events where different sub-groups within the FC will have different types of events.
  • Endgame and PvP content (we are currently looking for members interested in these elements to form in house raiding and pvp groups)
  • In-depth character interactions and story driven RP within the FC.

If you're interested let us know, we are eagerly looking for new members to broaden our group now that all preparations pre-game have been made!

Hello! I just put in an application on your enjin site! Umm I was wondering what your stance was on newbies to FFXIV and RP in general?

I see you're profile says you're on Gilgamesh, you're aware we're a Balmung FC? I just want to make sure before proceeding with your application.

Hello! I just put in an application on your enjin site! Umm I was wondering what your stance was on newbies to FFXIV and RP in general?

I see you're profile says you're on Gilgamesh, you're aware we're a Balmung FC? I just want to make sure before proceeding with your application.

Oh whoops meant to change that! My main character is going to be on Balmung with my alt on Gilgamesh

Oh whoops meant to change that! My main character is going to be on Balmung with my alt on Gilgamesh

Kaln commented on your application, if you could make the necessary changes I'll go ahead and take another look at it.

Kaln commented on your application, if you could make the necessary changes I'll go ahead and take another look at it.

Thank you for the heads up! I answered appropriately. Sorry about that haha somehow didn't see the big header that said "IC QUESTIONS"

Thank you for the heads up! I answered appropriately. Sorry about that haha somehow didn't see the big header that said "IC QUESTIONS"

No worries, everything is all cleared up. Welcome to the Blades!

-8/10: Added the "Organization" tab to the page that includes all of the information about our FC structure as well as ranks within the FC. This information is primarily IC and is meant only for RP purposes and determining different types of events to run and activities to do.

Hmm... I am intrigued! I'm not a legacy player, so I need time to flesh out my character, but I'll definitely keep you all in mind! Adriel has always been an anti-hero of sorts.

Only two of us played 1.0, and we didn't get very far for that matter, so we're all going to be starting out pretty much fresh. By the end of OBT we'll all be about the same level.