New on Mateus

Kannash

Hi there, casual lurker deciding to finally pop on in! With the recent maintenance I was able to make a character on Mateus (which is apparently locked now?) and figured it might be a good idea to introduce myself!

I've been an on-and-off player of the game for a few years now but never had much going for me to keep me stuck in it, no RL friends playing, and no old MMO friends who tagged along, so I've been trying it out on my own and while the game has been fun! ...I haven't really made any lasting connections. = / I reached out to a few people from here on Discord and things never usually went further than maybe one or two conversations, and barely anything at all in game...

Unfortunately I have some pretty bad online anxiety, for some reason... Still figuring that out, but I tend to have an issue with continually reaching out to people. So I'd like to hopefully make some new RP friends on here that could meet me halfway! Like I said before, lasting connections have been a problem... I'd like to have some people show some interest in my own offer of friendship and my character beyond the, "Hey, you seem cool, hit me up sometime." because I can do that at first... but if nothing actually comes of it from the first time or two I tend to get discouraged and stop trying... I'm of a mindset that trying to form new friendships is a two-way road.

Anyway, sorry for my little ramble there, my character on Mateus is Y'kayah Tia, a young Miqo'te Seeker who's set out from his tribe to find his own place in the world! Never having fit in tribal life he's trying to make in more civilized aspects of Eorzea. Or something. Being honest the whole idea was made a handful of hours ago and I'm still mulling over ideas, but it'll get there! I tend to be a medium RPer, in the sense I do like to RP often as I can, but would love to venture more into the game itself with people as well! I don't own Stormblood yet, and I've have yet to make it through Heavensward content, but I'm working on it!

I'm in the eastern timezone and I work retail hours, so I'm around a various points but tend to frequent late evenings the most, so if you're at all interested in making a new (and hopefully) lasting connection, feel free to reach out to me here, or on Discord at Kannash#4369!

Hope you all have a great rest of the day, and thanks for reading... whatever this was.

Welcome to Mateus then! I’ve also been on the lookout for new connections with people and would absolutely love to talk shop with you more on what you’re looking for or what you want to do. Schedule is a little iffy this week so far, but time can be made if you’d like to talk! 

Thank you, thank you! I'd definitely be down to talk shop, it'd be appreciated to kind of bounce any ideas or thoughts I have off of somebody else. My schedule is always a little iffy, or at least scattered, so no worries there. Feel free to add me on Discord if you'd like, or just message me on here and we can figure something out. :D