Returning Player!

Hello, I'm a returning player. As of right now I'm looking to start fresh on a new server, new character and everything, build myself from the ground up as it where. I also wanted to get in to the RP scene (I have experience in pen and paper games as well as other mmo's, but never been able to get into RP in [not for lack of trying] FFXIV). I did my research and Balmung seems to be the BIG one, but its been perma locked from what I have gathered. Mateus and Gilgamesh seem to be the next choice for server with Mateus seemingly having a bigger community for it. Since I'm starting fresh I would like some feedback on what server to pick. I'm also looking for an FC and Linkshell that focuses on RP within the potential server. I haven't played in a long time so I'm practically a newbie all over again, two years is a long time. I'm ready to get back in and have an awesome adventure! 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, surprised no one replied to this yet. Though this post probably would have been better in Welcome or Making Connections, but still...

Of the servers you mentioned Mateus has the larger RP community. I can personally vouch that things are pretty good here. People tend to congregate around the Quicksand, but you can find RP elsewhere. For FCs or LSs you can find several listed here in the RPC. Having a Discord account can help also.

Hope you've been enjoying your return. And maybe we'll cross paths in game.

Thank you so much! Appreciate the response. Yea, I got that feeling from the forums and general web search that Mateus was the big one. I started a character there and have since joined a free company. 👍