New Char, debating between Dragoon or Martial Artist.

Hello,

I have recently made a new char, an Elezen Duskwright that I made in resemblance of a Drow because.. I always loved Drows. However.. I am struggling to figure out which class I should make him IC. I was debating between two, one of them I have a little bit more worked out than the other.

First one: Magic/Aether Martial Artist. Basically, a Pugilist/Monk that focuses on his physical prowess aswell as magical. He would be someone that would travel the world to learn different forms of martial arts, eventually perhaps, creating his own unique style, so that he has a way to counter other styles if needed. However, he also tries to implement magic with it, by one way or another, how exactly, I am still trying to figure out, perhaps he has magical stones in his armguards or fist weapons, through which he can channel aether. Any tips in this regard is always appreciated aswell. (This has been on my mind since Stormblood came out actually. Since I saw Lyse and the Warrior of Light dish it out in Gyr Abania ontop of the hand. That kinda.. Dragon Ball/Avatar(Bender) thing has always been an interest of mine, aswell as I love martial arts IRL too.)

Second: A more typical Dragoon. Nothing too special really, but Dragoons in itself are already pretty damn awesome in my eyes. And work pretty well with the idea of a Drow-like character. Being a Dragon Slaying Drow just seems like a perfect fit on any level.

Now I have to say, making another char so that I can have both idea's isn't an option. My char slots are filled up and I am not in the habit of realm jumping. So this has been bothering me for quite a while already. And whenever I start to lean to one side, I come up with something or find out something that pulls me back to the middle. One is more.. unorthodox for an Elezen I assume and more specific, while the other is more befitting and standard. I do not know of their stories, never finished any of them and I rather hate leveling so I want to try and avoid leveling one, not liking it and then forced to level the other.

Now my question/discussion topic is..  What do you guys think would be a fun idea to play and do you perhaps have any tips/idea's that could help me decide what could potentionally more enjoyable. I know that this is completely dependable on personal preferance, but I always enjoy getting imput from other people.

Edited by WhiskyDonut
  • WhiskyDonut changed the title to New Char, debating between Dragoon or Martial Artist.