A wild Enko Neto appears! 龴ↀ◡ↀ龴

Hello everyone!

I'm excited and anxious to make my introduction. First things first, I don't plan much ahead so this is all going to come sputtering off the cuff (and no revisions or back-tracking to make it perfect, dammit!) --- if I seem like a rambler I apologize. It has been far too long since I've written creatively or even tried to role-play. Over 10 years for RPing, actually. I've played FF14 for about 4 months now on another server and finished the MSQ...but something was missing.

The world is so immersive and beautiful. But, I have NO idea what is going on in the story! Why? Because I rushed through all the content to play with my friends and basically skipped through everything. Oof. As I continued to play, raid, and PVP, I wanted to learn more about the world and all the quests my character had gone through. I started to tell myself, "Enko you can just re-watch all the cutscenes and read up on the lore and you'll be fine!"

Nope.

Too boring. I actually wanted to re-live it all again ---the *right* way this time --- so I decided to roll a new character and start reading all the quests. But wait, maybe I could do one better. I used to love to RP, hell, if the creative juices were flowing I could actually bust out some decent words that almost made sense! Maybe I could try *gasp*.. RPing in FF14?!

So here I am. I lurked reddit from work, found this community, created an accuont when I got home and BAM! the introduction is almost done.

I have no idea what kind of character I'll create, but I did design his look and class. He's a Hyur Lancer, level 2 currently. His personality, background, what makes him tick? No clue! I think in my re-exploration of the FF14 story I may just play the hazy adventurer suffering from amnesia. Never did quite recover from The Calamity! (see, I read something from the story.. lol) It seems fitting considering that I quite literally know nothing of the world and will enjoy re-exploring it on my own terms.

In any case, I look forward to meeting new faces! This is becoming a wall of text so I'm signing off. Just because, I'll also fill out the optional template. I may have also not read any of the questions until this very copy-and-paste moment)

• MMORPG background: Too many years of WoW. Too many years! (troll warlock ftw!)
    • RP experience: Well, ya see I have 10 years of experience, give or take, with another 5-10 year gap on my resume marking the last time I've actually RP'd.
    • Character ideas/info: Your quintessential loner/anti-hero. I remember being in a FF8 RP forum years and years ago that took place in Balamb Garden. For those of you that don't know, that was the school / mercenary academy where the protagonists were training to become elite fighters. I would love to join some sort of school or academy themed story-line.
    • How did you learn about the coalition? I googled FF14 roleplay, went to reddit, found a thread, here I am!
    • What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy) I should probably start light. Believe it or not, I'm a little shy. Definitely intimidated RPing in a world I'm unfamiliar with among the sea of veterans.
    • Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.) Actually drawing a blank -- so I guess not!

Edited by Enko Neto