Averis RP Profile

I. Basic Info

• Characters:

• Primary character: 

• Linkshells: 

• Primary RP linkshell: 

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

Short Answer: When I role-play I take it seriously, but I'm not always in-character.

I will create full character backgrounds and profiles and I sometimes also write stories for my characters. I take time to do research on the lore and make sure that it all fits. I'm mostly interested in in-game RP over text-based or forum RP.

My RP is generally driven by events that take place in the game via the game itself, my character's goals or RP interactions with other players. I don't usually plan out my RP. I take things as they come. While I may take role-play seriously, it's not always my primary focus. I do also enjoy just playing the game. 

You may see my character jumping up a hill in the name of exploration and I won't /walk if I'm just going to town to "sell off" between quests. I try to respect others around me and what the situation warrants. When interacting with others I try to "go with the flow". I'm pretty easy-going in general and I respect that there are many levels of RP and that at the end of the day it is still just a game. I don't get bothered so much by the little details, though I try my best to respect them myself and I prefer to role-play what makes sense in the world. 

I've been playing MMOs for over a decade and have RPed for a good chunk of that at all levels, from casual to heavy. :thumbsup:

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

Short Answer: Not against it, but with some limitations.

Honestly, this has never come up in my RP travels for my characters. My characters tend to be the type that avoid that kind of conflict or are the more fragile/innocent types that others will try to protect instead of harm. However, I'm not against it to a degree, but I would defiantly expect some OOC planning to take place so that we are on the same page first.

There comes a point in MMO RP where it can be a little hard to suspend my disbelief. I don't come from a background of tabletop RP, so I tend to go with what the game provides me more than making up for what it doesn't have. If my character is low level, then she is still learning her skill, and I'll play it as such. If someone stronger attacked her, they should be more powerful, but that doesn't mean she would lose. Power isn't everything in combat.

Again, this has never come up, but I would do my best to play along with those around me. Long as my character isn't expected to to be killed without my permission or permanently injured etc. Again, in this case communication and personal player respect is key.

As for injuries, again, not something that's really ever come up, but I'm not against it. But since my character can't actually lose a limb (and I wouldn't want them to), I would find it hard to go that far. I also wouldn't want to have to keep explaining to people in RP that her arm is gone when visually it isn't. So I won't do that.

• Views on IC romance:

Short answer: If it feels right, sure!

I'm not against this! In fact my current character has been in a relationship already. Of course, there would need to be a certain amount of comfort for it to work well. Good OOC communication is also a plus! I generally only do this with people I know fairly well OOC or have a decent amount of comfort with.

I will also say that I'm not against ERP. ;)

I will only allow my character to enter a relationship that is monogamous. I'm not interested in players that RP multiple relationships at the same time, IC or in separate "realities".

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):

Short Answer: Yes, but this wouldn't really work with my current character.

I've done a couple sibling/family setups in the past, actually in 1.0 in fact. They are generally a great addition to RP. I prefer to know the person I'm doing this with OOC. So this isn't something I would do with random people. 

Friendships and such can happen naturally through RP. Old friends can be discussed OOC etc.

• Views on lore:

Short Answer: I respect the lore the game gives me. In some cases even including the limitations of the game itself.

To me the lore is king. While I may not know every aspect of it in great detail, I will never play a character that doesn't fit in the world to the best of my knowledge. Generally, I will play a character that is a little understated. They may have a unique "trait", like strange eye color (using what the character gen provides) or a weapon heirloom etc, but that's about it. I try to stay away from extremes. IE, even if it's possible in the lore to have a "super awesome power", if it's not something that my in-game character actually can do then I will not have my character capable of doing it.

Character names are also fairly important to me.

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

I usually just adapt to the current situation. Say is almost always IC! Everything else just depends. I've RPed in all other channels. If RP is going on I'll use (( )) to denote OOC unless it's an OOC channel or agreed by those I'm talking with to be OOC.

III. Other Info

• Timezone: EST (But I tend to play during late hours 7-10pm to 1-4am EST)

• Contact info: PM here work!

[align=center][glow=blue]~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~[/glow][/align]