Blitzball League for Mateus!!

bbbanner.png

Hey guys! So earlier this year we saw the wonderful success of Menphina's Madness Blitzball tournament that was created by Aegir and was brought alive by him as well as all the people who helped create mechanics, polish the game, supported and advertised and most of all played and watched the matches! This time around I have been given the blessing to pick it back up and continue what was honestly one of my favourite RP events I was apart of since I started playing XIV.

What exactly is Blitzball though?

The game Blitzball is originally found in FFX and is played underwater with the aid of pyreflies which hold the the water into a sphere and features a specially designed ball and large circular goals at either end.

Ok so, how exactly do you translate the game into RP?

This was the most complicated part, and a group of people spent time working it out over the space of several days before calls for players even went out- even then the mechanics are being improved all the time. The teams are made up of 6 players with their own roles and their own areas they can traverse in on the 'field', and actions are decided, emoted out and in the case of blocks, passes through blocks or shots at goal they are dictated by /random. You can see a details of the mechanics here! (Credit to Aegir Hlerson & Co on Balmung for putting together.)

Sounds cool, how do I get involved?

For now we're looking at interest, so if this is something you'd like to be part of respond here or contact me directly! If however you have a character on Balmung as well you can join the IC blitzball lessons taking place on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at the long pier in Costa del Sol. Other than that, check back here for any additional updates!

(For any details or questions contact me at: Teal Deer on Mateus, Ingkko Nalgi on Balmung, Ingkko#0420 on discord.)

Edited by Maril
Added title prefix