Legacy Server Update for Beta 3 Phase 2

Varus

If I had characters on Besaid way back then, are they now on Balmung or completey wiped or elsewhere or what?

Should have got auto-transferred to Balmung I think...

If I had characters on Besaid way back then, are they now on Balmung or completey wiped or elsewhere or what?

I just logged into my Squeenix account the other day that has been laying dormant for probably a year and a half that had a character on Balmung and it hasn't been wiped. So I think it's safe to say it's still there.

I am hoping that it's Midgardsormr in non-Legacy server because I tried to look for RPers in Gilgamesh, no one bothered to respond to me when I asked every 5 mins. :(

A lot of us on Gilgamesh aren't RPing right now, and you shouldn't expect it too much.

Lots of people are exploring the areas and new content, as well as putting the finishing touches on their characters. Deeper in to Phase 4 and launch is when you will start seeing more open RP, though there is an RP event on Gilgamesh tomorrow.

I am hoping that it's Midgardsormr in non-Legacy server because I tried to look for RPers in Gilgamesh, no one bothered to respond to me when I asked every 5 mins. :(

Did you really go running around shouting "Are there any roleplayers here?"

Why would I not do that? There might be those who might respond :/

You might have better success engaging someone in an in-character fashion because your method of advertising is very much not so. I personally wouldn't respond to someone who went around yelling "Looking for RPers! Send /tell!".

You might have better success engaging someone in an in-character fashion because your method of advertising is very much not so. I personally wouldn't respond to someone who went around yelling "Looking for RPers! Send /tell!".

It's not like RPers are actually the community that would like to hide themselves away from regular community. Also there are huge amount of people at the starting area, that it's really hard to tell if one is roleplaying or talking through OOCly. 

I never thought /shout was considered as IC-chat.

It's not like RPers are actually the community that would like to hide themselves away from regular community. Also there are huge amount of people at the starting area, that it's really hard to tell if one is roleplaying or talking through OOCly. 

Oh of course RPers wouldn't hide themselves. There are a couple of things you can look for to spot one. For instance, look for walkers. Someone you see walking is often times an indication the person is open to being engaged by another role player. Also listen for local /say dialogue that might be indicative of in-character chatter or /emoting that may look as though the character is canonically interacting with their environment. If all else fails, coordinate on here and go "Hey! Anyone want to go meet up at for some role play?" - I'm sure you'll get some bites.

Oh of course RPers wouldn't hide themselves. There are a couple of things you can look for to spot one. For instance, look for walkers. Someone you see walking is often times an indication the person is open to being engaged by another role player. Also listen for local /say dialogue that might be indicative of in-character chatter or /emoting that may look as though the character is canonically interacting with their environment. If all else fails, coordinate on here and go "Hey! Anyone want to go meet up at for some role play?" - I'm sure you'll get some bites.

Unfortunately, I am not the type of person who initially approaches to someone and interact with people ICly. I usually prefer asking people OOCly if there is a RPing Guild/Group (Linkshell in this term) and then start from there. So far, there has not been any /say or /emote around the city I am wandering around at the moment so that's a moot there.

I haven't been RPing because I am trying to figure out a class and character concept and trying to learn the game and the world in beta so once release hits I can RP better with all of that out of the way.

I agree that the best way to find RP is to start RPing. You don't need to have another player to start RP. React to NPCs and things other players around you do. People might not respond but you might be surprised. 

There was a meet and greet posted on the site. Not sure how that went since I wasn't able to attend. Keep an eye out for stuff like that. You also might want to try to set something like that up or mention on this site a time and place when you are going to be RPing.

I think it's rather difficult to meet and go to places to roleplay especially if you are low level. 

I am more into finding Linkshell groups that roleplay than join in these events because most of the time I won't be able to read the forum post frequently to check the date and time. (considering if it's 9 PM PST and it's midnight for EST and I live in the Eastern borders).

I think it's rather difficult to meet and go to places to roleplay especially if you are low level. 

I am more into finding Linkshell groups that roleplay than join in these events because most of the time I won't be able to read the forum post frequently to check the date and time. (considering if it's 9 PM PST and it's midnight for EST and I live in the Eastern borders).

You have to also keep in mind that a beta, especially phases that we have right now which are short weekend bursts, are not for roleplaying. They are for testing, and a lot of roleplayers are checking things out, tweaking their characters, and dealing with the rest of that.

Looking for a RP LS in the game itself right now is not going to do you much good, because leaders of LS's aren't starting anything up yet. Phase 4 and release is when you might have more luck.

Until then if you're looking for an LS, checking out the LS Postings on the forum and inquiring with some of the leaders of the ones catching you eye might be the best way to go about it.

For the event itself, it only required you to be lvl 15, which only takes a few hours. A ton of people managed to do that and went.

There will be more opportunities for you to RP, just be patient.

Edit: As a side note, I always turn my shout off. I never look at it unless I'm looking to do pickup dungeons or leveling, and many people do the same. Using shout as a communication medium for RP isn't going to help, really. All my time in 1.0 I've never seen a shout that wasn't a troll, asking for roleplay.

I am dividing my time between Balmung and Gilgamesh for Phase 3. However, aside from coordinated RP events, for the more part I'm doing my best to break things, and catch any weird bugs (like the fact that on the Fifth Astral Moon's (9th Moon) calendar, the numbers are not as they appear - 7 doubles over to 8, and throws the whole system off!) on the text based side of things; when I worked for SEGA, my primary Q&A focus was translation text, so it's a habit that hasn't died.

I'm also still figuring out character things; none of my characters were high enough level to be at the Battle, and gathering information on what has been going on since takes time.

(like the fact that on the Fifth Astral Moon's (9th Moon) calendar, the numbers are not as they appear - 7 doubles over to 8, and throws the whole system off!)

That is intentional. There are 32 suns in a moon. Earth time our days per month vary. Eorzea has the same amount of suns in every moon. That's why it doesn't match up with our days. :)

Unless you're talking about something else?