Bards! Show the love!

Me, me, me, me, me! I've been roleplaying Xenedra as a bard and all around performer since her creation and there's no way I'm stoppin' now. She is quite bewitched by music and dance~. I was also very in love with the bard job in 1.0. We were rather useful in a lot of situations, but there were a few where we weren't. Most of that had to do with server lag and casting/shooting animations though, so hopefully we won't have that issue this time around!

As a side note of my own, I'm trying to start a LS for performing arts in Eorzea. If you'd be interested in such a thing, please check it out HERE :).

I don't plan on main-ing bard, but may dabble with it OOCly. 

While I have no intentions of RPing a bard, I've considered granting my character a musical instrument that he's picked up over the years as a travel companion of sorts. Originally I considered a harmonica, but upon some digging, I'm not sure how valid one would be. So if he does have an instrument, it'd be a tin whistle or some other simple instrument. I'm curious if a song can be played that doesn't cause an enchantment of some sorts! 

*JJ plays tin whistle, a moogle-chocobo appears out of nowhere* "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!"

I don't plan on main-ing bard, but may dabble with it OOCly. 

While I have no intentions of RPing a bard, I've considered granting my character a musical instrument that he's picked up over the years as a travel companion of sorts. Originally I considered a harmonica, but upon some digging, I'm not sure how valid one would be. So if he does have an instrument, it'd be a tin whistle or some other simple instrument. I'm curious if a song can be played that doesn't cause an enchantment of some sorts! 

*JJ plays tin whistle, a moogle-chocobo appears out of nowhere* "WHAT HAVE I DONE?!"

*stares at it in awe... "can I keep it?"

So did bards only has supportive skills or did they do other stuff??

Me, me, me, me, me! I've been roleplaying Xenedra as a bard and all around performer since her creation and there's no way I'm stoppin' now. She is quite bewitched by music and dance~. I was also very in love with the bard job in 1.0. We were rather useful in a lot of situations, but there were a few where we weren't. Most of that had to do with server lag and casting/shooting animations though, so hopefully we won't have that issue this time around!

As a side note of my own, I'm trying to start a LS for performing arts in Eorzea. If you'd be interested in such a thing, please check it out HERE :).

^ would love it!

I WILL PLAY ALL OF THE THINGS.

But Bard has always been one of my primary goals. That/Whitemage/etc.

I'm usually way better at the heal-y classes, but hnnngh. I love bards. so much. In RP, Ophelia will be joining the songstress ranks, as well!

I'd be more into bards if they weren't so common already. Don't wants to step on the more bardy peoples toes. Aysun technically is one ICly, when Bard was introduced as a job I introduced it into her story by making an NPC that she interacted with and learned about it (rather than using the actual job quest). But she'll always be more archer than "bard" and I don't really play it up IC during combat situations due to awkward ("So.. so you just whip out a harp during battle..?" xD).

She's always been a dancer though. *waits patiently*

OOCly, BRD and WHM are my mains. I can tell you in 1.0, Bard was incredibly fun and incredibly important (huge role in the Garuda fight, for example). It is easily my favorite job.

I'm more in line with Aysun as well.  Personally I would find singing ICly in the middle of the battlefield really weird to RP out, but that's just me.  In ARR I was planning to shift to a more non-combat focus because I am god-awful at combat RP (and I want to save people the countless hours of bleeding eyes.)  So I guess he's be more like a bard

More like this I guess:

Image8.jpg

Gerik is a bard ICly, but I think I take the opposite route from Aysun where he's more bard than archer (mostly since I think it would feel awkward to start an ballad in the middle of combat, but that's just me).  But since I'm planning to focus more on non-combat RP in ARR, maybe I could find more singing shit to RP out.

You just gave me an awesome idea. It involves singing and smashing faces. Or singing so bad that they smash their own faces. Whatever. Semantics!

Anyways, having battle-bards would be interesting in how their songs work and whatnot.

We do has battle bards! I just said I'm one. :) I just don't usually.. play it up. Like it's not a huge part of my character. Bards in this game are two things really to me. There's the battle bard, who is an archer that uses an instrument/voice to cast magic like a mage does with their staff/wand. Then there's the tavern bard, who tells stories, sings songs, does poetry.. They can be both, or they can be one or the other. It's pretty interesting.

Bard looove~ Bea isn't really much of a Bard IC as much as she is someone who tends to shout mostly untrue stories about people... But, OOC, I've mostly been playing Bard as my class. SMN will probably lessen that a tiny bit, but it'll always be one of my favorites.

I'm more in line with Aysun as well.  Personally I would find singing ICly in the middle of the battlefield really weird to RP out, but that's just me.  In ARR I was planning to shift to a more non-combat focus because I am god-awful at combat RP (and I want to save people the countless hours of bleeding eyes.)  So I guess he's be more like a bard

More like this I guess:

Image8.jpg

LOL That pic

I'd been planning on being a Bard just because it seemed to combine the two skill sets that my character has.

Mya'var's initial design was based on lore created for a Minecraft RP server, and there her race's favorite sport was archery. Over time, and after various events that happened over thousands of years, she occasionally practiced healing magic.

Y'know, trying to explain her in a short paragraph is really dang hard xD.

Anywho~ she was never a performer/singer/dancer/musician so I'm still not sure how I'd RP the job's unique musical skills.