IC Real Life Mail RP - Am I Crazy?

Vexatious

So over the last few months I've had some time to get back into FFXIV and the RP Scene. And another think I like to do is send people hand written letters, wax sealed, beautiful, ect.

So I had the idea, and even got a PO Box for a short period to see if this is something I could start doing with people.  I know a lot of people don't have a PO Box of some kind and most don't want their address to be out there to someone online that they don't really know, or perhaps money is an issue. (I'd probably just include a stamp.)

So, for any random happenby's that read this, what do you think of such a idea?  RP would still happen in game, but sending and receiving letters while writing IC and reacting IC with a response letter, to me, adds such a touch to it. (I have several characters, so I've been thinking about how to change up the handwriting to match the person.)

I don't think you are crazy per se, I think it's actually a really neat idea and I personally would love it. However, you are spot on with most people not really being in a position to get a P.O box- I got curious and checked my local prices, and promptly backflipped out of the page, it is very expensive. And I definitely would not want to give out my address unless I really, really trusted that the person isn't actually an axemurderer- and honestly now that I think about it, I guess I assume a lot of people have the potential to pick up axemurdering as a hobby. 

Maybe a middle-way would be to make the letters, but rather than sending them, take pictures? Camera's in phones these days are usually good enough for it, and it would still bring forth a warm fuzzy feeling of getting a letter + you get to make them and not have shipping costs.