Limsa Lominsa and clemency for pirates

I was curious about the history of Limsa, especially pertaining to the subject of clemency for former criminals

Including all outlaws who agreed to respect or become the Thalassocracy.
How far does it extend? What are the conditions for it to apply?

Ty for the answers!

Most of Limsa per se is constituted of former pirates and thieves, so not the most savory of sorts. However I think Jacke says it the best.

Jacke
"know that not long after Limsa's foundin', the city was overrun by a motley collection o' pirates an' thieves. But as wild as that lot were, it soon became clear that they'd all end up killin' each other if they didn't lay down a few rules - an unspoken code o' conduct, as it were.

One, ye don't bite the purses o' yer fellow Lominsans; two, ye don't rook a crew out o' their spoils; an' three, ye don't trade culls like they was chattel. I'll admit the finer points o' the code are a mite murky, but most agree on those three , at least.

Now ye might be thinkin' none o' that amounts to a sack o' dilberries now the Admiral's outlawed piracy, but in the back alleys an' black markets where Merlwyb's grip ain't so tight, the code's still alive an' well."

To confirm that last part, piracy being outlawed doesn't mean that every pirate crew always conforms strictly to their new privateer status with lettres de marque allowing them to go after garlean shipments. Captain Carvallain for example, in spite of all his soft protests, is certainly not following the law to the letter. 

All in all, even if no you have a semblance of law with the new admiralty, turning the city state into something more constitutional than it used to be, the common back alleys and deals still exist and you're still basically dealing with a bunch of pirates and thieves, and the yellow jackets can't be everywhere. So while a lot of pirates never cared about the codes, you still had a fair amount of them that did and took upon themselves to lynch trespassers. The code however, has fallen progressively out of fashion and is mostly applied by the Rogues Guild. In any case, being caught pants down breaking the code will ensure that nobody will ever even lift a finger to help you.

If you want to know more about Limsa, I can suggest the lorebook if you have it, and also taking a look here

Or doing the rogue quests to be honest. They're your main source of info on the matter.

Edited by Valence