A New Server, A New Start

Reaper

Swapping from Balmung to Mateus since new friends can no longer join me on Balmung anymore. Or will be, once my game re-installs! Been off for a little over a year now.

MMORPG background 

WOW, GW2, GW (the original one), Black Desert Online, and a few others!

RP experience 

RP on both Guild Wars 2 & World of Warcraft. Years of experience on WOW on both Moonguard & Wyrmrest Accord.

Character ideas/info

Sylvir, an Ishgardian Elezen. A firm devout follower of the faith, prior to the faith being virtually proved false. He still holds some degree of distrust towards Au'ra and dragonkind, but does what he can for his people. He has faith in the mission of the Mechanists and their goal to use technology to turn war in their favor. After seeing the works of the Garleans he became fascinated with furthering the technology of his people and has been focused on mixing his knowledge of technology with the Alliance's knowledge of magic. He has therefore joined the Arcanists and has been studying both the path of technology and arcane knowledge side-by-side.

He continually strives to learn about ancient civilizations and their various application of magic and, where applicable, technology - hoping to use inspiration and knowledge of the past to drive the future.

How did you learn about the coalition? 

Google, about a year and a half ago or so.

What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? (e.g. Light, medium, or heavy)

Med/Heavy.

Used to be Heavy military RPer in WOW, and as a military RPer virtually any fight I was in was IC. Was always amusing in the most recent expansion to help a player kill an enemy faction player before shouting, "Victory or death!" or other similar things.

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc.)

Being an insurance salesman means my phone may ring during RP and I may unfortunately have to leave because of that. Likewise, in the late evenings my wife is prone to seizures (we nor doctors are quite sure why they're always in the late evenings) which may also take up my time if that happens.
Sorry in advance to anyone I upset or bother by having to drop out of RP at the drop of a hat!

That aside, I enjoy tactical miniature games like Warhammer 40k, RTS games like Warcraft/Starcraft and more recently Warhammer Total War. I also enjoy Pathfinder (which is like D&D 3.5, but better - sorry to those who love D&D 3.5!).