Fairly new to MMO RP, looking to get started!

GloaNeko

Hi there, I'm Brianna!

I've got my main character over on Behemoth, but I've wanted to get into role-playing for some time now. A few months ago, when Balmung was re-opened, I plopped an alt over there but I haven't had the time to mess around on there a bunch ever since. I'm finally getting in more of a role-playing mood and I want to start exploring and getting to know people, but I'm not exactly sure where to start. I'd appreciate some tips on where to start looking and see if I can get somewhere!

But first, a bit about me!

I started playing FFXIV back in January of 2017, and I've had an interest in role-playing, but I've never really decided to pursue it until now. I have decent experience doing some rp in some Discord servers, or mostly in DMs. I haven't done one with too long of an overarching story, though it's been something I've wanted to try. In terms of role-play in MMOs, I can't really say I have much experience, if any at all. On Behemoth, I've met a small community of players who enjoy rp and I interact with them every now and then. I made a super simple backstory just to get started over there, and I've worked on another simple one for my Balmung character just a bit after making the alt. Outside of this though, I wouldn't say I have too much experience. I'll put a little bit of character info later. I want to start rp just to have a nice, enjoyable time and get away from the real world, and live in an alternate world which is far more interesting. As a result, I think I'd consider myself more of a light to medium role-player. I'm not entirely sure what else to write here, so I hope this is enough for you to get to know me and help me find a starting point!

Some basic character info (I haven't exactly finished her backstory, or know if it's what I want, but I'm using this as a baseline to start, for now.):

Name: Brianna Da'neal

Race/Clan: Miqo'te, Seeker of the Sun

Backstory: Brianna used to be a part of a terribly small and nomadic clan, but when she was still very young, her clan was attacked. She can't recall who or what did it, but she does know that she got split from her clan. Her next known memory is with her Hyuran mother figure. She was adopted after being unable to locate her lost clan. Brianna's new mother had decided to give her the name Brianna Da'neal, since she was unaware how Miqo'te names worked. Brianna was raised in Gridania for the majority of her life, and developed a fascination with nature. This fascination led her to conjury, and allowed her to become an aspiring adventurer. She's simply driven by the desire to help those in need, due to her traumatic past. Although she has enjoyed her life since being adopted, she hopes to aid others such that they don't have to suffer the same, life-threatening beginning that she did.

I just want to say that I appreciate you taking the time to read this and hopefully help me find my rp-legs in XIV! I'd love any help and advice that I can get, so feel free to PM me, or strike up a conversation anywhere else! I'm generally the most available on Discord, and you can add me using this tag: Brianna~ (GloaNeko)#7507

(Be sure to mind the space and the tilde!)