Dalmascan Miqo'te (And the "Other" Section of Dalmascan Racial Distribution)

Hello, I've been looking a bit into the lore of Dalmasca after returning and doing the Ivalice raid series. It seems like a great region to make a character from due to aesthetic choices, but the depicted races so far have been Bangaa, Hyur, Moogle, Seeq and Viera. For context, my character is a Seeker of the Sun with a tribal name (Tia),  and while the region so far looks like it has some great areas that Seekers usually prefer (deserts), I haven't been able to find evidence of whether or not miqo'te could be found there besides the vague "other" section under Dalmasca which makes up 25% of the population (from Eorzea Encyclopedia 2).

Is it too much of a stretch to assume Dalmasca has previously tribal Seekers, or if there's any that would have traveled that far from canonical regions such as Gyr Abania or the Sagoli Desert? If there's any other lore that's been released relating to Dalmascan demographics that would be helpful.

I don't think there has been any official lore released to support it, but I see no reason that this character background couldn't work. Unless the area is fervently anti-miqo'te, I'd think you could make a go of it. From what I've seen, it isn't. Non-humans definitely weren't well thought of during the War of the Lions, but we also didn't see any that weren't monsters. In 12, Dalmasca seems to be an extremely diverse and accepting area. In FFXIV we've seen Hyur, Bangaa, Seeqs, Viera and Moogles. It would seem strange for Miqo'te to be ostracized.

So I say go for it.

Edited by Tadir
missed a "t"

The lorebook 2 describes Dalmasca as a melting pot of races and cultures and a laissez faire mentality. 25% of others is quite huge also.

I also want to point out that so far I have never seen the lore telling that a race was a big no go for any single place, Ishgard included (Coerthas had some miqo'te NPCs, Sidurgu proces that even xaelas can live here even if probably very exceptional, etc). Also apparently Koji told a friend at fanfest that for the far east in othard, it wouldn't be surprising to see Keepers of the Moon in Hingashi for example, since they tend to like reclusive and secluded areas and whatnot. And yet, even the game has to show miqo'te, elezens or lalas native to the far east. Hingashi of all places.

In short my point is, it's not a binary answer. Aim for something that makes sense rather than looking for lore hard answers, because you'll find none in my opinion. Try to work with what we have right now on Dalmasca. My advice when dealing with limitations of the lore, which to be quite honest, is a thing in almost all situations even in well covered areas of Eorzea, is to stay open and not go into too many unecessary details that try to force the setting to what you're after, so even if lore evolves and gets fleshed out more in the future, you're mostly covered.

Edited by Valence