Valic's Journal Entries

(This information is OOCly used for anyone but ICly it is used for Valic and Valic alone unless otherwise stated to showing another player pages from his journal. Meaning, you don't know any of this unless Valic himself shows you, or you somehow manage to steal it, rip out a page, or etc. Otherwise, enjoy!).

((This is just random entries from within Valic's private journal he writes all his findings on. Be it of his discoveries, philosophies, hypotheses, drawings of people he recognizes fondly, scribbles, and so on. They may appear out of order or with other sources added as separate pages into the journal itself loosely. May even scribble through previous work and write new discoveries and so on.))

*This looks like it was hand drawn and written in page 32 of Valic's journal*

nz8cPT0.png

Edited by Arashin Kujqai

*This text seems to continue from the bottom of page 32 and leading into page 33*

"Some concepts of each element can have different variations in their effects ending in the same results. As a passive effect would inevitably reach the same conclusion as an instantaneous effects, perhaps even more sturdily created. I've recorded my research and findings below on particular spells as well as some hypotheses . My arcanima needs further work as I have little knowledge of it's true potential as of yet. Below is my findings through practices in thaumaturgy and a unique experience I had stumbled upon by accident.

"Fire" seems to induce ignition of aether to cause combustion of targets. Higher usage of this could result in clear incineration and complete combustion of a target. Umbrally this only seems to create a focused but steady heat. Comparative to the sun in a dry desert area, which may likely be an umbrally aligned area as well. If further elemental aether was added or there was more power of the void to a desert, I could only imagine scorching air capable of burning one to the touch and passage through said air.

"Blizzard" astrally seems to create physical solidified ice near instantaneously. However without much solid structure, it would be likely to shatter just as easily as it was formed. Umbral ice seems to create a slow but effective freeze effect. Inducing what one could experience in a snowstorm of Coerthas spent without much warmth of clothing. Excessive use of this could lead to a target's cold, untimely death with the target frozen solid. This slow usage may be more effective with enough power to create solid ice with a less hollow structure. So long as a body would keep moving or create heat in some fashion, this effect could be negated or prolonged.

"Thunder" naturally seems to be conductive as weather would demonstrate through lightning strikes. An aftermath experience stumbled upon with the Lord of Levin, Ramuh(premise of what lead to this summoning or the followed battle that potentially ensued is unknown) has lead to close examinations of soil that was struck by the primal's lightning. The soil seemed composed of umbral thunder as it was still of conductive properties. Normal lightning strikes are pin pointed and compounded into the blasts the Lord of Levin is said to create, I believe umbrally aligned thunder instead makes a basis of conductivity to produce the same effect on a larger scale and size. Further analysis of my sample has shown the conductivity to die down slowly, possibly due to the primal's un-summoning or a decline in the lighting aspected aether found in the soil. Ramuh may be powerful enough to draw from the spectrum of both polarities equally enough to retain the balanced effects of a regularly casted thunder spell, while also being amplified from the primal's aether-draining strength. Supposedly resulting in powerful thunder strikes with electrified aether properties to the surfaces touched by said thunder."

*the page ends here with multiples lines of crossed out words, scribbles, and what appears to be an ink spot, possibly running out of ink in the pen or leaving room for further studies to write.*

*a loose but still tucked in piece of paper is added between two pages later in the book, somewhat wrinkled*

The Spy of Ala Mhigo

"In my aid of Ala Mhigo's liberation, I've stumbled across allies as well as fatalities both that I have not witnessed since my days in the Maelstrom. However, I've gathered intelligence and rumored talk of a potential spy among Rhalgr's Reach, possibly undercover as a Gold Saucer employee. My investigation has lead to little promise, as most of the employees seem oblivious to these rumors. My continued investigation at different times of the Gold Saucer has me lead to believe that there may potentially be illusion magic at work to disguise the fiend further within the facilities. How to find a being I don't know the looks of that's undercover as an employee under another unique face....

I'll conduct some research back a the Thaumaturge Guild. Perhaps I can find a spell or potion to expose our masked traitor without direct threat to exposing my investigation.

Extreme heat to facilitate sweat on areas normally unable to produce, to show readings of flesh where cloth is an illusion. Too obvious to notice temperature changes. Lay a decoy of information regarding a fake ambush to Garlean territories. Too risky and may result in unwanted enemy forces conflicting with the resistance. Disguise myself using the incantation in this tome to befriend and persuade the information out of random employees. Requires too many sources to be believable, time is no leisure...  Perhaps I need a companion to help in this investigation to lure the criminal out.

I'm too late, the spy has struck again with an assault on our defense line. The spy is clearly feeding information to the empire and must have some form of connection to the squadron leaders, if not the grand companies themselves. The assault has left several wounded but luckily few fatalities, I've aided my healing where needed and helped bolster our defensive line from further attack. I must begin interrogating any new recruits on the lines from here out to assure my suspects. Each division captain has confirmed their soldier attendance records with me in private, which leaves two options viable. Either one of the captains are lying, potentially working with another to aid in this charade of disguises and betrayal. Or the recently supposed allies of Doma are communicating with Garlemald in secret to prevent further confrontation of their cities. This brings me to ask how they would obtain this information securely without notice but further supports one working in the gold saucer in secret. If I recall an attendant's wording, most of the gold saucer's employees have accepted Ala Mhigan refugees and few Doman refugees. My options are still too varied, I must seek allies in Doma as I aid my search here in Eorzea. Covering both ends should eliminate any room for error and reduce the time spent removing this undercover agent."

*the page has more scribblings and crossed out ideas of potions as well as arcane spells to remove illusion magic across the sides of the page. The back side of this sheet of paper remains blank... for now*

*this page was torn out from the journal, folded into a small square and placed into the hands of a young, noble soul by the name of "Astrid Miller"*

"We are created unto this world, given life for purpose to be sought. Death to only be our exit but also our reasoning to provoke dreams into reality. The opportunity this provides us comes with no price and only paves our perseverance to shape the world as we so desire. Our potential is boundless, incapable of ceasing until we cease it to our desire and satiate the dreams we hold dear to our hearts and being. Aether flows at a natural pace, existing onward, returning to the stream only to be brought out again to mold the world as it did prior. We are of no difference, we contain the ability and power to make our goals and fate come to fruition. No presence or force can prevent our boundless potential from reaching out, whether it be to men and women of Hydaelyn, the creatures across the land and sea, or simply to the dreams we deem as hopeless. There is great might in you just as there is myself, take hold of it, grasp your opportunity to prove yourself, no matter the setting. Judgement be not the reason for our decline in motives, but the reason in which we are provoked to determine our own dreams to be real. You are filled with natural talents that are yours alone and unique to offer, it is within your capability to make the world a better or worse place respectively as you see or desire. Don't condemn yourself through other like-minded dissatisfaction or to ignorance and oblivious intentions. You are who you are, and the time you spend will be ever the better for every moment you spend in proving that very sentiment. The trials overcome of your past will only bolster your ability to mold your future and manipulate the obstacles to come.

To let your dreams only remain dreams would be the true waste, let them achieve corporeal form... be the one proud to witness the realizations of your endeavors come to success!"

-Valic Sunblood

*though being torn and folded, it still seems very neatly written and folded, with a minor musk/scent of a strong willed individual with intent to motivate and enchant still about the journal-torn page*

*This paper looks like it was torn out and crumbled up then tucked back into the journal. Possibly remorse for writing, then remorse for throwing away.*

"I've taken the liberty of using a majority of my leftover income to purchase an apartment in the fabled Goblet. The residential areas of Ul'dah would make an excellent headquarters to plan my next course of actions regarding this investigation. I feel as though I must gather allies that will work with me undercover to trace the source of this activity as well as capture the criminal behind these actions. Ul'dah seems to be an excellent source for mercenaries and job seekers alike to invest their aid as well. I've also been notified of my investment towards retainer services being a success, as the retainer manager of Ul'dah has found a unique young woman to suit my interests. The review only tells me that it is a young, Auri woman, with skills in alchemy, cooking, fishing, and most notably "disassembly". Though I'm not quite sure of the parameters involved with "disassembly", I'm quite intrigued to find out.

I hope to interview this young woman and begin my plans to end the spy's charade and it's corresponding grievances to the resistance. My apartment room should serve as a suitable study for us both as well as any I find of interest to bring along in this endeavor. I've cataloged my findings as well as provided some nourishment for any guests I happen to invite. Luckily, the apartment room I purchased was of quality enough to contain a vast assortment of literature. Although, the assortment seemed mostly comprised of copies you could easily find in the Thaumaturge's Guild and some fiction(possibly?) found from Limsa Lominsia. Of course while I am absolutely pleased to have obtained a room with such knowledge readily available, I may have little need for so much personally. I am also getting notices that my military service funding is beginning to run it's course. After this mission is accomplished, I may need to seek employment of my own or seek out wealth in my own spare time. Perhaps I should indulge in the so called "treasure maps" I so often hear of, though I am still in disbelief that so much could be found off a simple scrap of paper."

*This page ends with a small note implying to shred or burn this page when able to safely do so*

*This document was hand written and given to Maqali Qulaan as form of application into acceptance as an official retainer for employment under Valic Sunblood.*

To whom it may concern, I Valic Sunblood, accept responsibility and employment of Maqali Qulaan to be of assistance to me. Below I have noted and confirmed my interview with her as well as signed into accepting her under my wing as a retainer.

- Face to face in person questionnaire.

- Respectable

- Positive attitude

- Good listener

- Eager

- Fit description

Personal Notes: She was very eager to get to work even before she had been accepted into employment officially. Already offering to serve my tea and even exited cleaning up as we concluded the interview. Her interests in magic very well suit my own personal studies as well as her skill-set matching my desires in daily life. I am very humbled to have such a young, willing mind to assist me in my work and studies.

With this document, I Valic Sunblood, hereby confirm her employment to allow her free stay as permitted to the managers of the inns in Eorzea and her retainer manager as the contract so claims. Should I find any dissatisfaction or any concerns, I am allowed within rights to discuss termination of this contract and the employment with the utmost haste.

My humblest regards and gratitude for your cooperation in this agreement.

- Valic Sunblood