Tabletop-Style Roleplay

Senni

Hi, I'm new to the forum (and to roleplaying in-game), but I couldn't find any posts about this:

Is there a community of tabletop-style roleplayers anywhere?

I specifically mean where a few players make characters for and play through a story crafted by a game master, and where the outcomes of certain actions are somewhat random based on stats and dice rolls (not always in the player's control).

There are forums and discord servers for text-based roleplays like this, so I was hoping there would be a community here that had some similar system.

Do you know of any?

If I am understanding you correctly, several companies have devised, adopted, or modified from existing ones, their own event/combat system that they use during their events. I would imagine most, if not all, generally employ the use of a GM to tell the story of said events as well (likely also playing a character during said event as well).

My company, for instance, has an event system that may or may not be unique that uses simple character sheets and rolls to keep players able to focus on the RP and in game, rather than having to constantly alt-tab or check their phone/tablet/whatever for stats. All the while, we feel it offers both challenge and fairness in our events.

I have seen other companies mention having systems and even a FATE-14 system floating about (the links evade me at the moment).

If, however, you are meaning outside of the game... then I am afraid I can't help you there.