Returning RPer

Hi, guys! My friends and I have a super small guild on Siren. We used to RP years ago on other MMOs (WoW, ESO, GW2, sorta, SWTOR to some extent), but, barring a couple of attempted RP holiday parties, we haven't really done much RP in FFXIV. But, we're all interested in giving it a more serious attempt. The only problem is that we're a bit rusty! I've joined a Discord server for RPers from Siren, but I'm a little nervous about jumping in, since everyone seems so well-established and I'm so out of practice. Any tips on how to get the ball rolling?

Thanks!!

I can't say for Siren specifically, but this is what I usually do and advise regardless of setting or mmo where I start to RP from scratch.

Just throw yourself in!

Start with looking for the more open events or places where people hang about the most to socialize and that make sense for your characters to be at, and just let them be themselves. It might take some time depending on both your characters and others', but I've always found out that sooner or later you'll be part of the RP circles naturally as you develop interactions both IC and OOC from the ground up. Also, I find this is the most natural and gradual way of getting in (or back in) the RP scene unless you find a group of people beforehand on Discords or forums with whom you share a RP concept and can start the ball rolling with straight away.

Also, if you have your own guild already, maybe try and organize some open events yourselves that could attract a variety of character concepts and open yourselves up for new contacts. ;)

Edited by UnidessGaming