[Goblin] Looking for Long Term rp partner!

Hello there, 

I'm looking for some new rp contacts (regardless of your server!) in hopes of expanding my circle. I have been playing FFXIV for a bit, but I'm still a bit new to the game (i boosted a bit to skip some early game with the power of almighty money) and as such, there are still many things I'm still figuring out, even to this day. Anyway, as if my name (and my icon) wasn't obvious enough, my character IS based on my favorite character from Irish mythology with my own twist to things. 

I hope you guys enjoy reading it, and if Setanta strikes your fancy, they could perhaps be friends and even long-time enemies for that matter! I also welcome rivals as well in hopes of developing my character even further!  (I also welcome Discord rps!). Even if you are not interested, please don't be afraid to come up and say hello. :] 

Taken from: setanta.carrd.co (warning: Autplays epic music) 

𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔣𝔦𝔩𝔢

Name: Setanta Lamhfada
Title: Blue Hound of Ishgard, Hero from the Brumes, Immortal Hound
Orientation: Hetero
Residence: Wanderer, has a home in Ishgard
Occupation: Big-game hunter, dragon killer, adventurer, (a very skilled) spearman

Personality: 
+ Laid-back
+ Compassionate
+ Fun-loving
+ Friendly
+ Valorous
+ Loyal

-Hot-headed
-Boastful 
-Proud
-Stubborn 
-Resentful
-Mischevious

Abilities/Skills: Master Spearman, Marauder, Eastern weapon (katana) user, Hand-to-hand combat mastery, Survivalist, Minor Echo, Fishing

Theme music: Vindictus ost - Lugh Lamhfada

𝔒𝔒ℭ

Hooks & Rumors:

• Setanta worked with the Dragoons during the Heavensward storyline. If your character was a Dragoon, it is likely that he/she might have known a certain infamous Hunter of blue!

• Are you from the Brumes? Then Setanta may know you! You may even know each other and may be among one of his friends.

• Setanta is rather famous within the community of big-game hunters for his crazy ideas and somehow making them work.

• Setanta is also quite famous in the East with some Xaela tribes as not only an excellent Hunter, but is also hailed as a talented warrior. He seems to be very fond of sparring with Dortharls whenever he gets the chance to work with them.

• Do you like fighting? Setanta loves a good tussle!

Secrets: Setanta's hair natural hair colour isn't ACTUALLY blue. He's blonde, he dyed it blue due to his mother always saying that he reminded her of his father. Upset by the fact that she would think of a person who never came home, he dyed his hair to separate his identity from his father. 

What I won't do: Erotic roleplays. I'm down for anything else though!

Time: GMT+9. Yes, that means I will be getting on at the weirdest of times for you folks. Please schedule with me ahead of time if you are planning on something with me and my blue doggo.

ℭ𝔥𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔦𝔠𝔩𝔢𝔰

----

𝕰𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖞 𝕷𝖎𝖋𝖊

Born and raised as an Ishgardian in the Brumes as a lowborn, Setanta had a knack of getting into trouble. As a child, he used to play 'war games' with other children to pretend that they were soldiers fighting a dragon. One day, during one of their sessions, the boy accidentally killed a dog of a merchant. Feeling guilty of his crimes, he proclaimed that he will become the merchant's guard dog until he can find himself a new one to raise. Since then, he trained to become a warrior and have been guardian the merchant's belongings and doing what he'd asked since. 

However, after getting a new guard dog, Setanta was finally released from his service. Along with the dog, he'd brought forth 'Emer' under his wing, his niece who had been living in Gridania to learn his trade. After having falling in love with her, he decided that he would fulfill his mandatory military service and come back to work for the merchant, openly declaring that he wished to take Emer by hand by his approval. Unfortunately, the merchant did not like young man and gave him a condition that after he fulfills his military service to Ishgard, he would send him to a warrior he knew to train him so that he can properly protect his niece. 

Having agreed to the conditions that were presented before him, Setanta served honorably under the Ishgard's banner as a soldier and a natural born spearman. Upon completing his military service, the merchant sent him off to the distant isles of La Noscea where he trained under a certain warrior he knew in a form of life-or-death training of advanced art of spear, which he refused to name whilst the young Hyur male knew little that he was being trained as a Dragoon. Upon passing the teacher's trials and training successfully, Setanta came back to the merchant and asked for Emer's hand, only to find out that she'd been already married off to another merchant. Upset and feeling betrayed, he left the merchant's service as well as his home, becoming a wanderer since.

𝕽𝖊𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝕴𝖘𝖍𝖌𝖆𝖗𝖉

During his travels, while Setanta was still yet making living off of his Hunting career, he received words of an impending attack on his homeland. In order to protect those that he still yet held dear in his heart, the young Hunter returned to Ishgard once more - only to find the Steps of Faith under siege by Vishap. With the experience of hunting down large creatures, and training given to him by his teacher under his belt, Setanta fought bravely by a certain wanderer's side against the hordes of creatures attempting to force their way into his homeland.

With his spear given to him by his teacher in hand, Setanta slew and drove off many wyrms despite having no prior experience of combating the dragon-kind. Many Dragoons whom had witnessed him fighting against the creatures that day spoke of his prowess as someone who fights almost like that of an exceptionally talented warrior, despite not being part of their ranks. With the wave of vicious horde attempting to claim vengeance driven off, the spearman once more entered the gates of his homeland once more. 

The people of the Brume, including his mother, knowing of Setanta's return, welcomed him with open arms. Many of them told tales of his feats and the way he slew the dragons left and right single-handedly, being hailed as a Hero, even if those above would not see him as such. It was at that night that he was also able to meet Emer once again. She told him that she came to see him the moment she saw his silhouette flying through the skies. 

Having caught up as to their current positions in life, Emer found herself being reminded as to why she was so fond of Setanta. She told him that she was always in love with his unshakable confidence and free spirit, which she didn't have but always wished for. Though she offered herself to him three times, he refused her all the same and told his former lover that she had her own life to live, a family and her own battles to fight. 

"Don't give yerself t'me over flames that used t'flicker. When I left Ishgard, it was for yer sake, not mine own."

With those words, Setanta parted from her once again, as a friend. 

The very next day, a Dragoon came to his home's door in the Brumes. The Elezen woman told him that they are in need of someone of his particular skill to travel to Dravania to seek out a certain prey, offering for the Hunter to join their ranks. Setanta, though he refused the woman's offer to join the knights, did say that if it was to stop the dragons' advances upon his homeland, he would be more than willing to come with them. 

Travelling with them, Setanta and the Dragoons advanced into the enemy territory to intercept the Nidhogg's hordes gathering ahead of time while the Azure Dragoon had vacated his seat. With them, he disrupted and caused chaos within their ranks with series of ambush tactics and entrapment, which Setanta proved to be highly skilled in as a Hunter. Upon their return, however, he learned of Nidhogg's death and the war's... 'supposed end'. 

Though the great wyrm may have fallen, Setanta's instincts only told him the worst was yet to come. Even if the Dragoons did tell him the war was over, he continued to reside in Ishgard for days to come in preparation for what he called his 'greatest hunt, yet'. Though peace was on the horizon, he knew the dragons of Nidhogg's brood would not simply stop just because he was dead.

𝕽𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕳𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖊

It was at the summit between Ser Aymeric and Vidofnir that Setanta's worst fears were realized. The Azure Dragoon, now possessed by the eyes of Nidhogg announced of his return. Many were devastated by the rekindling of the war, and declared for the death of the accursed wyrm. Though the Hunter was equally stricken with both terror and surprise as many, he silently made preparations with the Dragoons that he was working with to once more intercept and attack the Horde advancing towards Ishgard beforehand as they had done so once before to slow their advances. 

With the horde gathering, and their advance seemingly inevitable, the Dragoons along side the lone Hunter fought within their territory to slow their advances as much as they can in hopes that they will buy some time for the Ishgardian knights to prepare. However, their overwhelming numbers proved far too great, and they were all forced to a desperate retreat back to their homeland with great losses. 

While Setanta returned from a battle, there was very little time to rest. With many adventurers and the knights, he helped to prepare for the horde's inevitable landing upon their home. The skies darkened under the wyrms' terrible wings as their flames engulfed his homeland. Even if the situation seemed to be against them, Setanta did battle against the dragons, even while battered and wounded from his previous last battles as he slew many single-handedly with thrusts from his dreaded spear that many came to fear. 

However, the wound did take its inevitable toll upon his mortal body. 

A drop of his guard, if only for a moment, a wyrm from the horde saw its chance to wound Setanta. Though the Hunter slew the creature, he was gravely wounded. With no apothecaries or healers in sight, or were far too preoccupied with their own, Setanta dragged his broken body to a pillar, tied himself against it to continue fighting while he stood. Even when stationary far into the city, he slew a creature after creature.

Eventually, Setanta did eventually succumb to his wounds against the pillar. However, the wyrms dared not to approach in fear even as they fled after Nidhogg's fall. Though his visions darkened and his life seemingly at its end, it was said by the people of the Brumes that someone did find him, saw that he was alive and took him to the healers where he would make a painstaking recovery which took two entire months.

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌'𝖘 𝕰𝖓𝖉

With the Dragonsong War's end, Setanta once again decided to step his foot outside of Ishgard. Though the military personnel offered him a seat and rewards for his deeds, the Hunter declined, telling them that he would much rather live a free life than be stuck in military once again. Before he could step outside its gates once again, Setanta's friend from the Brumes informed him of his mother's illnesses, saying that she had breathed in a toxin of a dragon and there was no way of curing it. 

When Setanta went to visit his mother, she was already in a state of point between life and death. In her sleep, she spoke of 'Lugh' and how she wished to see him once again. Assuming that was the name of his father, Setanta took the quest of finding him upon himself so that she would be able to see him once more before her death.

Edited by Roadhog

Hey there, 

Thank you, I really am glad that you enjoyed Setanta's little backstory. Also, I'm totally okay with the fact that you are primarily a discord rper. 

I just added you on Discord as well, so let's talk!