Aether and Focus

Good day people, I am sorry if such a topic was opened up before I wasn't able to find a similar once hence I am making this thread, do forgive me in advance if such a topic already existed! So I have been playing FF XIV for sometime now few monthgs give or take, leveled some classes and I finally decided to start to rp. I have rped before both DnD type and mmos though ff lore really confuses me..I can't seem to find a solid lore site on things.

So while in rp a charcter spoke of focuses that our classes use, and how it is super rare for someone to perform aetherial teleportation and conjuration, so here I am asking;

1-Why it is so rare for a person to manipulate aether without focus?

2-And if it is so hard how can a character do it, I am not judging I am more so asking from a lore perspective, as I couldn't find much about it on the internet.

For spells and aetherial abilities to truly take form and focus, they need focii. Be it gems and staffs made of aetherially conductive materials, or your own body or weapons, it helps channel all your raw aether into a spell.

Aetherial teleportation isn't rare per se, but it's not a given to most of your average joes. It's rather taxing on your own aetherial reserve / anima, and this require time to regen over time. Some people just don't have much of that aether surplus and therefore are pretty inept at magic or teleporting. Your average eorzean farmer probably enters this category. Adventurers or elite soldiers on the other hand... well we've seen in SB the Doman elite teleporting halfway across the map. 

See more here

So can a person cast "magic" say aetherial conjuration without a physical foci--Let me clarify, by physical foci I mean like--A starglobe, gem, staff and things like that--Like would it be possible for a person to "cast" such a thing with their body alone?