Where was your character on the day of the Calamity?

So within the timeline of the game, the Calamity was 5 years ago. I often think that a popular discussion is where you were when it happened, as well as people who were there and witnessed Bahamut's summon.

So where was your character? How do they remember it?

• 4 weeks later...

Well that was about ten years ago now, so my main character was a preteen.  He was all the way over in the Azim Steppe.  I gather the Calamity didn't have much effect outside of Eorzea.  Maybe my character's tribe saw Dalamud break apart, or maybe they couldn't see it from their side of the world; in any case, all my character would've known at the time was that there was one less moon in the sky after that.

Depends on which one. The more recent one, a Garlean, was probably training in one of the Garlean Empire's many provinces  The other, my old Xaela, was most likely embroiled in some manner of brutal conflict in the Steppe even as distant Dalamud broke apart in the sky. I doubt if the former even paid it any mind until he found out who actually caused it. The latter most likely took it as a sort of omen telling him to step up his game. 

Edited by Aurelius